mikesaccount

LAFD New Equipment

172 posts in this topic

Saw two new trucks at the shops yesterday. One is labeled truck 15 and the other didn’t have numbers on it yet. Don’t know if I mentioned it on a earlier post but truck 37 is get a new rig also. 

The pic of that Rosenbauer rig. Maybe weird lighting (probably is), but it looks like it has blue lights. Maybe it's just a demo, which would make sense.

Saw at least one of the new RAs  being delivered this morning and also what looked to be a new helo tender. 

Wrong that’s not one of the newest RAs. I didn’t manage to get any pics but it’s pretty much the same. Only thing I noticed was the front light bar has a full clear lense ( not the red shell on top ) and the rear light bar was removed and replaced with single lights.

The New Electric Fire Engine really is more a European and a "Overseas" design. Most European and other countries including the Mid East and Asia have fire engines that look alot like that. If you notice the Engine company looks alot more like a bus without windows. There are other electric fire engines that being made more to an American Design and I personally prefer an American Traditional Design to this Overseas design.

Edited by firepost

20 hours ago, firepost said:

The New Electric Fire Engine really is more a European and a "Overseas" design. Most European and other countries including the Mid East and Asia have fire engines that look alot like that. If you notice the Engine company looks alot more like a bus without windows. There are other electric fire engines that being made more to an American Design and I personally prefer an American Traditional Design to this Overseas design.

https://www.piercemfg.com/electric-fire-trucks/pierce-volterra

firepost likes this

On 4/18/2022 at 7:15 PM, EMT_FS46 said:

Saw at least one of the new RAs  being delivered this morning and also what looked to be a new helo tender. 

What station? to my knowledge no new RA’s have been labeled or issued yet, but then again what do i know :)

Edited by Rsqfxr

21 minutes ago, Rsqfxr said:

What station? to my knowledge no new RA’s have been labeled or issued yet, but then again what do i know :)

I was referring to the ones dropped off at the shop Monday morning. And you stand correct lol none have been assigned. Not sure how many y’all got but I only saw 1 on the flatbed.

4 hours ago, EMT_FS46 said:

I was referring to the ones dropped off at the shop Monday morning. And you stand correct lol none have been assigned. Not sure how many y’all got but I only saw 1 on the flatbed.

Ah ok, the last order was 12 and the new order started showing up last week, none have been put into service yet, the parking lot is getting crazy 

Edited by Rsqfxr

What is going on with truck 9 I saw them running a first generation ALF permanent numbering and lettering on it. Is that going to be there regular front line truck or are the shops going fix up the one that was scorched in the fire downtown a few years ago?