mikesaccount

LAFD New Equipment

172 posts in this topic

I've seen that Truck 10 is now in a 2006 American La France usually 10s doesn't get handed down trucks they've always get brand new ones

Old truck 10 is a 1999-2001 model year. They had no choice but to get the hand me down until the next back of pierce trucks come in. 

Who has received the 10th Pierce Truck from the first order because 88 is still using their ALF as their frontline truck.

I know that there are 9 Pierce TDA's in service from the first order which are 3,9,11,26,27, 66, 89, 92, and 95.

I'm pretty sure that the lower call volume stations that are still running the first 2000 ALF will receive hand me downs 74 and 96 and possibly 1 

I wouldn't be surprised if 1 gets a new Truck with all the mileage that their current one has due to the time that Engine 1 was closed and the light force had been swamped with lots of calls that the engine would normally go on.

8 more pierce engines just rolled off the assembly line. I also noticed they have the huge light bars that lot of the department have been going with. 

Are there any plans in the works to reinstate anymore  disbanded truck companies and or Light forces 17, 58 are the 2 most needes

What is the list for all the disbanded companies ? Engines, light force, rescues, and battalions. 

Not sure but 17's had another Major Emergency structure fire the other day, so they definitely need the Light Force to reopen.

Edited by RicardoBerg

I saw a video on instagram of a new LAFD Pierce TDA going south on the 15 freeway in Las Vegas heading towards Los Angeles most likely coming from the Pierce Factory in Appleton Wisconsin and I noticed a taillight bulb not working and hopefully the rig doesn't have elictrical issue.

Pierce City of Los Angeles, CA 32433-04

Pierce City of Los Angeles, CA 32433-03Pierce City of Los Angeles, CA 33143-05

Pierce City of Los Angeles, CA 33143-04

2 more engines and 2 tillers from the Pierce Flickr page. I'm assuming these are from the 12-tiller order. Not sure how many new engines were ordered. Still waiting for the new lime green engine :)

Monrovia1 likes this

2 hours ago, pump305 said:

I read that the Lime Engine for ST51 was canceled on this order.

Oh dear :/ Any reason why? I do know the 07 Seagrave is in the shops quite a bit...

On 10/2/2019 at 8:31 AM, h_par202 said:

Pierce City of Los Angeles, CA 32433-04

Pierce City of Los Angeles, CA 32433-03Pierce City of Los Angeles, CA 33143-05

Pierce City of Los Angeles, CA 33143-04

2 more engines and 2 tillers from the Pierce Flickr page. I'm assuming these are from the 12-tiller order. Not sure how many new engines were ordered. Still waiting for the new lime green engine :)

Probably like at least 20 new Engines were ordered, I think there are about 15 to 20 2003 pierce and seagraves that are in frontline service as either an engine or pump

Edited by seagrave85

Were there  any new rescues ordered on this years budget and is there any future plan on replacing USAR 85 and USAR 89 considering they are both in 99 Pierce apparatus

Negative. 88s 05 right went to 27s. The other rig (red lens light bar went to 89s ( 2014 I think ).

Edited by EMT_FS46