mikesaccount

LAFD New Equipment

172 posts in this topic

On 9/21/2021 at 4:57 AM, EMT_FS46 said:

New E27 is also in service I think 

Yes, E27 is in service as well as new T33.

I’m not sure about truck 33. I could of sworn I seen at at the shops today. I double check tomorrow.

I’m sure you guys already know new truck 33 is in service and truck 64 is looking to soon be in their new rig 

Truck 96 ended up receiving Truck 88's old ALF. 96's old ALF will now be in the reserve pool.

How many Pierce tillers have been delivered so far? 

Does anyone know if the city ordered new foam tenders. While at work yesterday I dropped by the shop and saw that 3 of them are being scrapped.

LAfan26 likes this

4 hours ago, EMT_FS46 said:

Negative truck 9 is still at the shop collecting dust lol

Has it been repaired or totaled? Or something inbetween LOL?

For the upcoming Fiscal Year LAFD is seeking $27 Million in MICLA funds to replace 2 ladder trucks, 4 engines, 30 Ambulances, 1 Battalion Command vehicle, 1 Helicopter, 1 USAR, 1 Dozer Transport and Dozer Tender, 1 Forklift,1 Swift Water Rescue vehicle, 1 Command Post vehicle, 

Edited by Monrovia1
x635 likes this

On 12/19/2021 at 0:27 AM, Monrovia1 said:

....funds to replace 2 ladder trucks, 4 engines.....

I'm surprised they are only replacing 4 engines and 2 trucks. 

What is up for replacement this year in LAFD any new trucks or engines coming in soon from earlier I have seen 4 engines and 2 trucks are being replaced 

23 hours ago, pump305 said:

A city FF told me a crazy rumor today. LAFD has an order with KME for tillers.

Negative. We haven’t even gotten all our pierce rigs in service yet. Let alone buying more. 

According to the 2022 Equipment purshase 2 Trucks. Hope not KME with the problems city had with the Engines.

One of the new engines from the most recent order on Pierce's Flickr page. Anyone notice the difference in the lightbars compared to the previous batch?

2022-01-25_11-45-34.jpg

They took away the white flashing lights above the headlights. I wonder are they finally going to add white lights to the lightbar. Idk if if that’s a different lightbar, an updated version, or just the angle. 

Did LAFD get new foam tenders? All four of the 2000 Freightliner/Pierce rigs  are at auction right now.

Edited by E0001

No new foam tenders yet but all the engines have class A and B foam on them. It might be the end of an era.

Edited by EMT_FS46

Has anyone heard what manufacturer the new Dozer transport tractor will be? I hope they stay with Peterbilt and are they staying yellow or going red?