mikesaccount

LAFD New Equipment

172 posts in this topic

Engines 5 and 94 have their new Pierce  Engines in service now with the LA City Logo on their rigs.

6 hours ago, mikesaccount said:

I wonder what stations will get the new trucks 

88s and 85s are getting new trucks

60cca5ba29d60_ScreenShot2021-06-18at9_40_08AM.png.483286ab4af1ae5cf244854ab984dc0b.png

According to Fire Apparatus Magazine, LAFD will be acquiring a KME Hazmat unit. Is this replacing Squad 21?

12 minutes ago, pump305 said:

I'M surprised LAFD went with KME since they were not happy with the engines they bought.

Agreed! I would’ve thought Pierce would win the contract given that most of the fleet is now Pierce, but I guess money does talk lol

pump305 likes this

Have any of the new Pierce TDA's gone into service yet I've seen picture of one with 88 and 85 on a few 

On 6/18/2021 at 9:12 PM, EMT_FS46 said:

Truck 85 and 88. Next up would be truck 5

Heard 64’s is next too.

9 hours ago, pump305 said:

T5 is in the Pierce and I believe 64's as well.

Oh cool! Is T9 still in a reserve?

Has LA City Fire issued the new helmets yet? And does anyone have a picture of them. Thanks. 

A lot of the new trucks are replacing 2006 and 2010 ALF's the still have a few years left of front line life I would imagine that they will be hand me downs to some of the station's still in 2000 ALF's

Truck 33 is next up. Also I was wondering if anyone knows why they ditched the grey ladder like on truck 11 for white ?

I was told the Fire Fighters Bitched and complained about the color. So the decision to stay White was made.  A lot of FF like the Grey color but too  many complained.

EMT_FS46 likes this