619Emergencys

San Diego AMR M26

14 posts in this topic

Was Rural Metro Fire affected by this merger? Are they going to be rebranded as well?

2 hours ago, x635 said:

Was Rural Metro Fire affected by this merger? Are they going to be rebranded as well?

Read earlier today that Rural Metro Fire would not be affected by the merge.

Trying to keep track of the Mercy ambulance stations:

I have 45 in Descanso, 47 in Boulevard, 36 in Jamul with 38 and 238 at Donovan in Otay Mesa

Anyone know:

Is Medic-26 at Alpine 17

Where is Medic 20 based?

13 hours ago, codethree said:

Trying to keep track of the Mercy ambulance stations:

I have 45 in Descanso, 47 in Boulevard, 36 in Jamul with 38 and 238 at Donovan in Otay Mesa

Anyone know:

Is Medic-26 at Alpine 17

Where is Medic 20 based?

26 is at station 17 and 20 is at Monte Vista HQ but does move around a lot during the day.

I asked some RM people aboput what was going to happen to them as AMR got into the weeds of this takeover.  There are 2 opinions. First AMR splits them off as they do not want to get into the fire protection business, maybe to FALIK.  The other is they remain Rural Metro, maybe stop providing EMS and concentrate on fire only.

Spoke to a Rural Firefighter yesterday and he told me AMR has told folks in Yuma the Fire service activity  will be evaluated for 1 year and then a decision will be made.

619Emergencys likes this

There are some new AMR units rolling around San Diego City. Medics 487, 489, 980, and 985 have been showing up on pulsepoint today, I'm not sure if these units are renumbered units or if they were put in to supplement the city due to Rural/Metro's poor response times the last few months.

Edited by 619Emergencys

AMR is desperately trying to avoid a second quarter in a row of non-compliance. Failure to do so could mean a declaration by the City of "breach of contract", which would set up the possibility of a City takeover. Stay tuned.