x635

Phoenix Apparatus Photos

7 posts in this topic

This thread is for sharing Phoenix Apparatus Photos. I'll start.

Phoenix FD Water Tender. American LaFrance, maybe someone has the specs and history, someone had told me at the shops but I don't remember.

post-3-0-22860100-1371409590.jpg

Yes, This was an old Pheonix rear mount. When sold it was convereted to a water tender. When Pheonix took over fire protection i don't remember the town's name this is how she returned..

mjkrmfd833 likes this

This tender served Stn 58 in Laveen. It has been replaced by a newer water tender.

Have a few to contribute, but can't figure out how to with only 2kb available. :)

Mostly old school stuff. Older Phoenix brush trucks, when they were skid units mounted on Chevrolet 30 single-cab dually pickups, prior to being replaced by the Dodge W350 chassis trucks. One picture I have to find that I have is of Brush 33 as a Mercedes Benz Unimog.

Rescue51 likes this

Yes, I wanted to post many pics but cannot with that 2K limitation.  Don't know what' s up with that, maybe a thumbnail pic of a thumb?

The former Brush 35 Dodge, is still in service with a contract fire department and is pictured in my avatar. It and a few other of the fomer Phoenix rigs, still operate as Type 6X wildland, raceway protection, light structural protection, and helispot/helipad ARFF contracts. Great trucks with 1st/2nd year Cummins 5.9 turbo diesel, and little mileage when they were retired.