Rescue51

New San Miguel Fire Rescue Pierce pumpers

8 posts in this topic

Two engines are featured, not sure on assignments to which Fs.  San Miguel also has a truck on order, not sure what stage it is at on the build. 

Photo credit goes to Pierce's Flickr page.

47688434782_145421d002_z.jpg

Aren’t their rigs relatively new like 2/3 years? I guess they didn’t like the county spec rigs 

6 hours ago, mr.ranger said:

Aren’t their rigs relatively new like 2/3 years? I guess they didn’t like the county spec rigs 

These are replacing 2005 era rigs. The "County spec" rigs are still at 18 and 19.

Thanks '619Emergencys'.  I am surprised the rig bound for Fs14 is not going to 22's, as E-22 has much more run volume than 14's (I believe).  E-16's may be similar in run volume as 22's.  Wonder when the new Truck-15, Pierce, will be delivered, and if that will be the primary district rescue...noticed R-46, Ferrara Fire Appartus (once was R-15, and prior to that the old East County Fire's R-18 Crest] ) has been at shops for a while.  L&A-46, E-One (which once was R-15 and R-22 (if I have my memory still going good), seems to be sitting idle over at shops too.  Back in the day, San Miguel FR was considered a progressive fire agency, as was Santee FD.

On 6/26/2019 at 4:04 PM, Rescue51 said:

Thanks '619Emergencys'.  I am surprised the rig bound for Fs14 is not going to 22's, as E-22 has much more run volume than 14's (I believe).  E-16's may be similar in run volume as 22's.  Wonder when the new Truck-15, Pierce, will be delivered, and if that will be the primary district rescue...noticed R-46, Ferrara Fire Appartus (once was R-15, and prior to that the old East County Fire's R-18 Crest] ) has been at shops for a while.  L&A-46, E-One (which once was R-15 and R-22 (if I have my memory still going good), seems to be sitting idle over at shops too.  Back in the day, San Miguel FR was considered a progressive fire agency, as was Santee FD.

14's is busier than 22's, even though 22's call volume has seemingly gone up in the recent years.  16's is by far busier than 22's and is the busiest in the district.  Last I heard, T15 is still being discussed in the apparatus committee. I haven't heard if it has been awarded any manufacturer yet.  L&A 46 (E-One) is going to be excessed and will be out of service soon.

Rescue51 likes this

Thanks 'lkseng3'.  I knew 16's (San Miguel) was a busy station, and was sorta thinking 16's and 22's might have been on par.  Was not aware 14's is busier than 22's.  If I recall (I may be wrong in memory) that 22's ran the pumper and rescue (E-One) at one time years back, though perhaps it was a cross-staffing assignment.  I believe 22's got busy because they have that big assisted care facility, besides growth, and covering some calls near Jamul when their rigs are busy (Cal Fire? +/- San Diego County Fire Authority?).   I thought I read somewhere in a forum if not here, that it looked like the T15 old Pierce quint, was gonna get replaced with a new Pierce.  I'll ask around or check out their minutes for the board meetings of recent, to see if anything has developed.  T15 has been rolling on lots of calls lately (mostly EMS as you know), lots of halfway houses in their coverage, and more (urgent cares on Avocado, Kaiser on Avocado) and so they are running another truck into the ground on these medical aids.  I hope with the new truck they consider a squad like El Cajon (Fs6) smartly did.  Have you heard when the T6 is gonna get returned to service after repairs?