mr.ranger

LAFD truck 15 fire

10 posts in this topic

Recently truck 15 caught fire while in the  station bay. Seams to been an electrical issue. 

833AF6E8-847C-4EDE-B5C2-AE8F1CE54ACA.jpeg

29851D0D-EDE3-4113-95DE-5DCD46C89C9A.jpeg

273B5D39-11F5-4DC4-98AD-8698167B06DB.png

That's a shame.  I miss ALF rigs though not as high quality as Pierce.  The Rev Group has bought up E-One, KME and Ferrara Fire Apparatus.  If it keeps them all surviving that is good, but my fear since they operate each company/brand as its own, is that they might consolidate and we'll end up with one or 2 less fire rig makers.  With all the action by Rev Group, I was pleased to see Spartan bought Smeal, as this likely will give the Smeal brand/products more life, though they seem to be doing pretty well with Riverside - Cal Fire, and San Miguel Fire-Rescue. 

The whole unit was sold at auction about a month ago,  I have no idea what the hammer price was.

Then Oceanside FD (northern San Diego) had a fire in one of their stations yesterday, believe it was fs#3 on Oceanside Blvd..  I saw on news media it was a fair amount of damage mostly on a 2nd story while the crew of the rig(s) there were already out on another call.  News said the ff's will need to be relocated to other stations for the time being.