619Emergencys

Brand New Coronado Engine 36

6 posts in this topic

So Coronado is going back to Pierce.  Interesting since the E36 they have now is not all that old.  I believe it is a Spartan pumper. I had a conversation with one of the engineer's on T37, a Spartan TDA quint, but he said it was not holding up well at all and they hope for an early replacement. 

Nice rig!

They musta piggybacked an order with San Diego Fire/Rescue cuz  looks like the same specs as an SDFR engine.

I guess CFD wasnt happy with the Spantan/Crimson Engine.

Same with their TDA Quint

Thanks "FF Buff One".  I meant Engineers, not "Engineer's" but then again there ain't no grammar police in this forum.  LOL.  I also meant Spartan/Crimson, since that is what CFD has, not just stated as "Spartan."  But then I was doing pretty well considering a bunch of craft and/or Coors Light beers I had when I wrote that post.  Typically if you are gonna go with a quint, you want to with something that holds up very well for obvious reasons of weight.  SDFR had issues if not still having, with their TDA (is that T1?) downtown, which I believe is a Spartan.  I think as time goes on, Spartan will increase their quality and customer acceptance just like we have seen with KME, but Pierce is a high bar for others to achieve. 

Not surprised the rig is similar to the San Diego Fire specs. Two out of the four Coronado Chief Officers retired from San Diego Fire.