619Emergencys

Brand New Heartland Engine 11

6 posts in this topic

From Heartland's instagram.
"Heartland Fire & Rescue takes pride in having the most up to date equipment and apparatus. This new @piercemfg engine will proudly serve the city of la mesa after the first of the year."

15535261_646276882247851_8141682483247710208_n.jpg

Edited by 619Emergencys
mesabill likes this

Nice looking ship.  I imagine E13's will get one next.  Interesting La Mesa did not go with the Quantum chassis like they did for T11 and ER12. 

while the quantum's are nice rigs, they are the most expensive on the pierce line. the arrow xt's that everybody seems to be buying are also great rigs. keep in mind that the arrow's are built with a lot of input from la city fire, who gets a lot of work as well as abuse on their rigs. with budgets being what they are  you just get more bang for the buck  with these rigs

Rescue51 likes this

Thank you "joeyk48".  My guess on the ordering of RE-12 and Quantum chassis, was maybe the needed more horsepower for a heavier rig?  I was not sure of that and have not looked at the product comparison specs for the different Pierce pumpers.  I agree, I think for all-around value/performance, the Arrow XT is the way to go.  Didn't La Mesa FD much earlier get some Dash pumpers, or am I thinking of someone else?   As to Heartland (La Mesa) RE-12, some of the guys at SDFR 4's (assigned to Rescue or USAR 4 [whatever they call it today] ), were telling me the rescue gear on Heartland RE-12 is very impressive for being a pumper, they said it is much more impressive than a typical truck carries for rescue. 

I wonder if Heartland and Cities involved  are getting volume deal from Pierce for the standard engines, With 4 now in place, I wonder also if they might be replacing E13, E210, And possibly E7 and E9 in near future which would make a deal like that work

Rescue51 likes this

I understand, Heartland Fire-Rescue's E11 (La Mesa), may have just taken delivery of another new Pierce pumper. The front-line rig from a delivery date of around 2016, was damaged by an out-of-control vehicle, and is in for repairs. When finished, apparently it will become the front-line for Fs13.