Seagrave7

NEW LACoFD KME Engines at the Shops

20 posts in this topic

Looks like LACoFD got some of the new KME engines in at the shops.  Slight changes

1. New Light bar, same height as the scene lights. 
2. New rear strobes
3. Same strobes appear to be on the front of the cab on the sides
4. New rear led lights
5. Black Rubber Front Fenders (replaces the chrome ones)

Front

http://www.flickr.com/photos/68446122@N06/9299000564/in/photostream/lightbox/

Rear

http://www.flickr.com/photos/68446122@N06/9296302115/in/photostream/lightbox/

x635 likes this

These have been at the shops for almost a year. New style light bar front and white pimple like LED lights rear and side front. New tillers have the same lights. New Quints have a 2000Gpm pumps with 500 HP motors. E 111 is due for one of the engines and rumor is Q 126 will receive a new Quint with ST82 receiveing 126's old Quint.

Any idea why they have been at the shops for so long?  Also who else is expected to get one of the other 10 new engines?  

The shops are down on machanics so things are moving slow. They are trying to keep the new engine's out of the weather so they have them at many locations including old ST 181. Also the heads to be at the shops did not order new equipment for the engines so they sat and sat. ST 111 was suppose to receive there new engine last month but... that never happened. They are 9th or so on the list of receiving.

Thanks Pump305.  Any idea if Engine 68 will be getting one of the new engines?  

Seagrave7, I do not at this time. If they have a 1996 then i would say a good chance. I was told last night that the shops are going to finnish the new Quints first. I was also told that foam 73 will receive old foam 10's KME. Not sure when this will take place.

Thanks Pump305.  I believe they are in a '98 which is what some of the other ones that are getting the new ones are in as well.  

Does anyone know who's rig Quint 187 got? They're running an older KME Tiller quint now.

SN F0604 is indeed Ex Quint 33.

Engine 43 has there new KME engine in service are all the new KME's LACoFD puts into service going to have front bumper trash lines?

Edited by Monrovia1

Are these "new" KME engines delivered over a year ago, listed as 2012 or 2013 models?

Also, does anyone know who was assigned these engines, other than Engine 43, shown on the previous reply by Monrovia1

I think that the order was for 11 KME engines

Looking for into on what who's old rig 151s got and where E103s KME went since they're in a new one.