pump305

19 Firefighters Die In Arizona Wildfire

10 posts in this topic

Tragedy has struck the Fire Fighting family once again. A Hot shot crew of 19 wildland fire fighters lost their lives today batteling a wild fire in Yarnell AR.  Being an ex USFS Fire fighter my heart and prayers are with the familys and dept members.

R.I.P. Every FF who have passed away, condolences to family and friends. Stay Strong all involved in the Yarnell Fire. 

Absolutely horrific. These brush fires are getting worse and worse over the past few years, and these guys paid the price. RIP.

R I P all . we are not out of this season yet !  i just hope all go home . 

It has been reported that one of the events that led to the deaths of these firefighters were their radios. Is this a digital radio system ?

It has been reported that one of the events that led to the deaths of these firefighters were their radios. Is this a digital radio system ?

They were using analog conventional radios. One of the problems was that some radios were not programmed with the correct tone guard. Apparently, they did have some workarounds.

Here is a investigative video review of the incident. There is a lot that is known but a lot that is not known due to no survivors.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cSxSqjRmxIE#t=0

Thank you Generic for your reply. I had heard rumor that it might have been digital radios that had the problem.

I will pass that information on.