FSSeven6

OCFA New Apparatus

7 posts in this topic

OCFA purchased the following units:

1 Rosenbauer Heavy Rescue

1 Rosenbauer HazMat

3 Sutphen SPH100 Platforms

4 KME 103’ Tuff Truck ( T59 is already in service)

Updated:

Note that T59 was not included in the KME Rearmount order, it was purchased as a demo/pilot rig

IMG_1479.jpeg

Edited by FSSeven6
E0001 likes this

Apologies for the mixup! Truck 9 has received their new sutphen, there was a mixup that they would receive a Rearmount. I am unsure at this point if T85 or T56 are receiving a new sutphen. I will be sure to update once i find out. Cheers!

Another update! Turns out we got a curveball, Truck 20 from Irvine received the final 2023 Sutphen, replacing their 2018 KME TDA. T20s tda will be going to T56 as the sutphen would not meet their needs as they are a usar unit. T85 will likely instead be receiving one of the KME rearmounts once they arrive. 

Is Orange County Fire Authority phasing out tillers, and going back to the Sutphen platforms as well as rearmounts?

No, ocfa relies fairly heavily on tillers still. They have about 8-10 tillers on order (assuming from KME) for 2025/26-2027/28 to replace their 2015-18 tillers, id maybe guess that they may order sooner, the current fleet of tillers are always having issues.