E0001

Escondido Fire

5 posts in this topic

Escondido just ordered 3 Sutphen pumpers along with one BME Model 34 brush rig and three ambulances.

Pretty rare for a Southern California agency to switch from Pierce to Sutphen.

Rescue51 likes this

Glad to see this for Sutphen. Pierce is a major player out here and seems to have at least 50+% market share on new pumper/truck deliveries. No doubt good rigs, but I like to see competition and Sutphen certainly has much with the REV Group and all their purchases and likely consolidation of brands/plants. REV Group owns most of the brands now. I am still sad to see ALF gone. I am seeing more Arizona agencies with E-One (which is also a REV Group owned company).  I recall when E-One was quite present in San Diego area like with Santee FD, San Miguel Fire-Rescue. It is nice to see Ventura running and ordering Rosenbauers, or our state buying HME rigs.  I think it is good to mix it up a bit.

Edited by Rescue51

Both of Escondido's front line truck and reserve truck are Stuphen midpoint ladders.  

19 hours ago, Seagrave7 said:

Both of Escondido's front line truck and reserve truck are Stuphen midpoint ladders.  

Correct. Escondido ran 4 Sutphen pumpers (early 90’s vintage), but subsequently purchased 4 KMEs and 6 Pierce Arrow XTs before now going back to Sutphen.

Interesting variety.