h_par202

Long Beach Fire Department new engine contract

9 posts in this topic

Per Derotic Emergency Equipment, Long Beach will be receiving 9 Seagrave Capitol engines! Here’s to wishing that they’d get Seagrave TDAs XD

AD213A5B-CDE5-46C9-97A9-62A53FA124C1.jpeg

Great to see Seagraves for Long Beach!  Hoping their neighbor to the north, LAFD, will return to Seagrave at some point in the near future. 

h_par202 likes this

4 hours ago, x635 said:

Great to see Seagraves for Long Beach!  Hoping their neighbor to the north, LAFD, will return to Seagrave at some point in the near future. 

Agreed! 

Also on order is a Capitol rescue engine, which I’m assuming is for Engine 6

02D80124-DAFB-40E1-9C77-392837D147A3.jpeg

1 minute ago, LAfan26 said:

What's the difference between engine 6 and the rest of the fleet?

As part of the Urban Search and Rescue team, their engine carries more rescue gear compared to the rest of the engines

On 4/13/2021 at 3:44 PM, x635 said:

I am not sticking up for Pierce, I am a bit indifferent on Pierce v. Seagrave, but curious why would some prefer the Seagrave over the Pierce, especially in a department like LAFD that has gone with a fleet majority of Pierce?   I am one that likes the competition and don't mind seeing more Seagraves, E-One, KME, HME, Smeal/Spartan, etc..  Pierce is certainly well liked and popular in Southern California, however it seems their price points are a bit high and I heard build times longer. 

freakinmusket likes this

On 4/14/2021 at 10:59 PM, Rescue51 said:

I am not sticking up for Pierce, I am a bit indifferent on Pierce v. Seagrave, but curious why would some prefer the Seagrave over the Pierce, especially in a department like LAFD that has gone with a fleet majority of Pierce?   I am one that likes the competition and don't mind seeing more Seagraves, E-One, KME, HME, Smeal/Spartan, etc..  Pierce is certainly well liked and popular in Southern California, however it seems their price points are a bit high and I heard build times longer. 

For them it is brand preference.  They have 2 Pierce tillers on order as well.

Rescue51 likes this

It was my understanding that seagrave got a little pricey. LAFD likes Pierce because of the Tak-4 suspension which LAFD helped design. 

Rescue51 likes this