Rescue51

3-alarm fire | U.S. Navy Ship | San Diego

7 posts in this topic

3rd alarm.  Been going on since about 8:50AM.  Federal Fire requested assistance.  The ship is: USS Bonhomme Richard.  I am seeing live feed from copter and it does not really look to me like they have a handle on it at all.  Picture is the resources SDFR has listed on it.  ~Rescue51

20200712_134107_copy_1080x1080.jpg

I learned of this via Twitter, and last check, 21 injuries, but no deaths at that point. 

Interesting resource list. Some of those designators I don't recognize.  Are battalions 33, 53, and 57 from FFD? 

On 7/12/2020 at 7:11 PM, California Red said:

I learned of this via Twitter, and last check, 21 injuries, but no deaths at that point. 

Interesting resource list. Some of those designators I don't recognize.  Are battalions 33, 53, and 57 from FFD? 

Maybe those are from National City and Chula Vista?

California Red likes this

Fire was declared out by the Navy yesterday or today.  Other bases that responded personnel and equipment were Twenty-nine Palms AGCC, El Centro NAF, Ventura FFD, Miramar , and Camp Pendleton Fire.  The navy reported 400 firefighters at scene including military personnel.

the Chief of Naval Operations is going to San Diego to inspect the ship, and there are two concurrent investigations underway.  

Edited by e5911

I understand the military firefighters were pulled off the ship this morning, because it started to list towards the port side (pier side). 

There is the possibility the ship is a total loss.