E0001

New San Diego TDA's

7 posts in this topic

SDFD has two new tractor drawn aerials on order. Slated to go to Trucks 1 and 35 for now. Also have 9 engines, 2 brush rigs, 2 light and air units, and 8 BC command pickups on order. BC's are going to Ford F series pickup trucks with a shell.

image0.jpeg

Rescue51 likes this

Wonder if Pierce will get those?  Also wonder why SDFR does not have any ladder platforms/towers?   It is a bit unusual. 

36 minutes ago, Rescue51 said:

Wonder if Pierce will get those?  Also wonder why SDFR does not have any ladder platforms/towers?   It is a bit unusual. 

Pierce is building them.

Rescue51 likes this

Nice design for the new TDAs I know 1s in downtown is no brainer but 35s in La Jolla? (UCSD/UTC,)

I was thinking 21's in Pacific Beach. due to the narrow streets in the area.

(I remember the department had those 2 Spartan/LTI tillers from long ago that was at 1s & 21s)

Rescue51 likes this

On 2/3/2020 at 11:57 PM, FF Buff One said:

Nice design for the new TDAs I know 1s in downtown is no brainer but 35s in La Jolla? (UCSD/UTC,)

I was thinking 21's in Pacific Beach. due to the narrow streets in the area.

(I remember the department had those 2 Spartan/LTI tillers from long ago that was at 1s & 21s)

San Diego had been using aTDA at Truck 1 however it was always being sent to the shops. Back in the 90s San Diego did have a     two  Spartan TDAs both a Truck 1 and Truck 35 and that is when they  were still painted white over red. before they went to their current color scheme of Red with Gold Trim.

Edited by firepost

Finally San Diego Fire Rescue is getting TDA's again and maybe this will be the beginning of San Diego transitioning to TDA's for their trucks just as L.A. County and Orange County did with their trucks going from rearmounts to TDAs.