Rescue51

New San Miguel Fire Rescue OES pumper

9 posts in this topic

San Miguel sent some FF's up to Sacramento to be briefed on their new OES engine (HME).  I assume this replaces the one they currently run out of 16's ????].  Designation is SMGOES410.  If this does go to 16's, they will have two new pumpers, the front line new Pierce and the OES rig.  The side of the OES rig says "urban search & rescue".  Does the rig have USAR equipment or is it designated that way for manpower to join a regular USAR rig/task force?  

I finally figured out the older OES pumper that has been at San Miguel Fs16, is (or was) OES307.  Wonder if 307 stays, and OES410 will be going to another San Miguel station.  I doubt it, but just wondering why they have OES410 and the new one is not designated OES307.

The engine doubles as a Type 3 US&R company. Light-level technical rescue. 

Other new engines include OES417 for San Diego and OES420 for Chula Vista.

Does anyone have a list of OES assigned resources to State Fire Depts

I have a list but its OLD

San Miguel got OES 297 when they went back to being independent from Cal Fire. When they went to Cal Fire, they lost both of their OES engines. OES 305 went to Lakeside at Station 26 and OES 307 went to Chula Vista Station 52 last I saw. 

As Dloemt stated, the rig/equipment and personnel double as a Type 3 USAR company.  If you remember the Kern County Earthquake around 4th of July, there were several OES strike teams that were sent.

It would be nice if some of the larger departments (6-10 stations) got more OES equipment to be used on large scale events/strike team deployments. Often times, OES apparatus are used as reserves if the department's frontlines are out of service. The only caveat is if the OES apparatus is out of service at the time of an OES strike team deployment, the host department has to send their own apparatus on the strike team. Hence why LAFD had to get their own Type 3's to assist with OES Type 3 strike teams if an OES Type 3 was out of service.

Rescue51 likes this

On 8/9/2019 at 4:27 PM, Rescue51 said:

I finally figured out the older OES pumper that has been at San Miguel Fs16, is (or was) OES307.  Wonder if 307 stays, and OES410 will be going to another San Miguel station.  I doubt it, but just wondering why they have OES410 and the new one is not designated OES307.

OES Type-1 engines have been numbered in sequential order starting in 1953 with OES1. 

The numbering on the Type-3 engines, water tenders, and hazmat units differs. 

The Type-3 engines are 4 digit numbers starting with an 8 (no idea why) followed by a second digit indicating the OES region (1-6), a 3 or 4 indicating Type-3 engine, and a 4th digit assigned in order.

The water tenders and hazmat units are two digit. First digit indicates region.

Rescue51 likes this