Rettungswagen

Glendale 911 ambulance transport contract

16 posts in this topic

Five months later Glendale city council will finally vote on the 911 ambulance contract. I'm wondering if AMR caused the delay by objecting to the way the bid process was conducted.

Agenda item and contract link: https://destinyhosted.com/agenda_publish.cfm?id=45363&mt=aacc&get_month=2&get_year=2019&dsp=agm&seq=2149&rev=0&ag=1731&ln=15079&nseq=2286&nrev=0&pseq=2305&prev=0#ReturnTo15079

Maricopa Ambulance has taken delivery of 13 new Ford/Wheeled Coach Type I ambulances for its Glendale 911 transport contract. Contract starts on 4-1-2019.

There is a medium duty type ambulance for Maricopa at Bell Ford. It's been there for a while. No markings yet but it is in their colors. Can't tell what type of Ford chassis it is.

4 hours ago, buckeyefyrfoto said:

There is a medium duty type ambulance for Maricopa at Bell Ford. It's been there for a while. No markings yet but it is in their colors. Can't tell what type of Ford chassis it is.

Maybe it's a used rig. Maricopa has graphics applied to their new ambulances at the Wheeled Coach factory.

I didn’t see this coming. They have their foot in the door now. I’m sure they’ll bid on LA County EOAs in 2026

AMR is really get squeezed out of 911 in Maricopa County. I think only Avondale, El Mirage, and Tolleson are left on the West side.

On 3/3/2019 at 1:01 PM, buckeyefyrfoto said:

AMR is really get squeezed out of 911 in Maricopa County. I think only Avondale, El Mirage, and Tolleson are left on the West side.

AMR might soon be losing additional market share in the Valley. The AZ DHS director will be deciding this month whether to issue Community Ambulance a CON. If she gives that Las Vegas-based ambulance service the greenlight it will take over the Dignity Health IFT contract from AMR.

Anyone know where Maricopa Ambulance's fleet shop is at?

1 hour ago, NJtoAZ said:

Anyone know where Maricopa Ambulance's fleet shop is at?

10243 N 19th Ave

On 3/3/2019 at 1:01 PM, buckeyefyrfoto said:

Sun City Fire and Medical switching from AMR to Maricopa Ambulance for backup transport.

https://yourvalley.net/yourvalley/first-responders/sun-city-fire-officials-secure-ambulance-backup/

On 3/3/2019 at 6:14 AM, EMT_FS46 said:

I didn’t see this coming. They have their foot in the door now. I’m sure they’ll bid on LA County EOAs in 2026

This is for Glendale Arizona.