GilbertFIRE

Phoenix's New Rescue's are done

20 posts in this topic

Phoenix's 5 new Dodge 4500 Demers Type 1's are done  

and should be in soon

Thanks for the update. I had been wondering if those rigs were built yet.

I saw a Dodge type 1 red/ w white roof, red/yellow chevrons on the back, light bar on the box 

on I-17 getting off at Durango, so they might already be at the shops

Edited by GilbertFIRE

As a Chief and a buff, it amazes me what you guys accurately know, what you think you know and apparatus you have no idea about. I recently attended a command class in Scottsdale and some of your recent information is wrong. Where do you get your information from anyway?

these ambos have not been delivered. I will tell you that even the dealer is not sure when they will arrive. They say late march early april maybe thats "soon" to those of you that follow that stuff.

Rio Verde won't have a 2nd station for 2-5 years.

The head of apparatus in Peoria said he hasn't ordered ambos for them "yet".

Chief Steve

Edited by SKFD_Chf1900

As a Chief and a buff, it amazes me what you guys accurately know, what you think you know and apparatus you have no idea about. I recently attended a command class in Scottsdale and some of your recent information is wrong. Where do you get your information from anyway?

these ambos have not been delivered. I will tell you that even the dealer is not sure when they will arrive. They say late march early april maybe thats "soon" to those of you that follow that stuff.

Rio Verde won't have a 2nd station for 2-5 years.

The head of apparatus in Peoria said he hasn't ordered ambos for them "yet".

Chief Steve

The Phoenix ambulances are in fact delivered and just had their MCTs installed. They do not have graphics yet.

This is one of the Phoenix Rescues at the Phoenix MCT shop.

post-151-0-08553700-1454208312.jpeg

Will these new rescues be going to the busy rescue stations, like 34s and 25s,etc? Those guys put a lot of miles on their units.

Where have all the large Chevy rescues gone? Did Phoenix not like them after all? I thought they were nice rigs.

Will these new rescues be going to the busy rescue stations, like 34s and 25s,etc? Those guys put a lot of miles on their units.

Not sure where they're going, yet. PHX is very short on rescues.

There are a few large GMCs in service and they'll be getting phased out.

This is one of the Phoenix Rescues at the Phoenix MCT shop.

That's not a Demers box, it's a Horton box. Does the Phoenix MCT shop do installations for other Valley fire departments sometimes?

That's not a Demers box, it's a Horton box. Does the Phoenix MCT shop do installations for other Valley fire departments sometimes?

Anyone who is apart of the regional dispatch system.

Rettungswagen likes this

Why do you think this is a Horton?

Why do you think this is a Horton?

The distinctive LED clearance lights on the front edge of the box roof along with other trim on the box. Compare it to your facebook photo of the Superstition Fire/Medical Horton rig. Btw, I can almost make out Horton's logo on the front of the siren speaker in the photo you posted above.

The Phoenix FD Demers rigs are just now going into production.

https://www.facebook.com/demersambulances/posts/1082508555146028

You're correct. I apologize. I spoke to the photographer. The paperwork said to deliver to Phoenix Fire and it was just assumed it belonged to Phoenix Fire. So it's either DSY (which usually orders with phx), SLK, or NCO. I'll be looking into more this week.