Rettungswagen

Rural/Metro Relocating Corporate Headquarters

25 posts in this topic

Did the Florence cars 547 548 549 get there new Brauns yet ?

I don't know. I'm surprised R/M is still buying Brauns. Seems like R/M would switch to a less expensive brand considering their bout with Chapter 11 last year.

I don't know. I'm surprised R/M is still buying Brauns. Seems like R/M would switch to a less expensive brand considering their bout with Chapter 11 last year.

I was thinking the same thing.

However, they buy the most expensive model of Wheeled Coach Type II Chevrolet vans. I'm thinking they get a good price from Braun, especially with the volume they order. I think they want their fleet as identical as possible for logistics reasons.

I was thinking the same thing.

However, they buy the most expensive model of Wheeled Coach Type II Chevrolet vans. I'm thinking they get a good price from Braun, especially with the volume they order. I think they want their fleet as identical as possible for logistics reasons.

I agree, Braun, Wheeled Coach and Taylor probably gave them a substantial discount.. By the way, I discovered they've recently bought Type II ambulances from Miller Coach. I'm not sure if this is a new contract or if this was just a random purchase.

Did the Florence cars 547 548 549 get there new Brauns yet ?

They've been sitting at 617 W Main for several weeks now... I hear waiting for perm tags then DHS inspection... two weeks.

They've been sitting at 617 W Main for several weeks now... I hear waiting for perm tags then DHS inspection... two weeks.

Is Florence a PMT contract?

Are they all red ? , on  Chevy or Ford chassis ?

They are fords and all red. Same scheme as their current trucks with the exception of the lighting systems.

Thanks,  Any word what's going on with station 844  in Santan Heights subdivision ?

or is that on  hold now,  because Santan Valley Fire District is trying to get there own fire department

formed.   

Edited by GilbertFIRE

I don't get over to Mesa very often. Yesterday I took a drive past Southwest Ambulance's HQ office\fleet maintenance facility on Baseline Road and was a bit shocked when I saw that they had vacated the property. When did that happen? No doubt necessitated by R/M's Chapter 11 problems. It must be really demoralizing for the folks who worked in that nice facility. Quite a step backwards to have to now return to that old garage on Main St. and share space with PMT.

It happened sometime around November or December. Rumor was that AMR was looking to lease the property. R/M Fire offices have moved to FS857. Spare apparatus have been stored throughout the stations in Maricopa & Pinal counties. Currently there isn't a place to work on fire apparatus and their fleet personnel are completing service work in the field.

It's funny they closed the SW facility, yet corporate headquarters moved into what sounds like a very lush, expensive new building.

It happened sometime around November or December. Rumor was that AMR was looking to lease the property. R/M Fire offices have moved to FS857. Spare apparatus have been stored throughout the stations in Maricopa & Pinal counties. Currently there isn't a place to work on fire apparatus and their fleet personnel are completing service work in the field.

When I drove past the Main Street fleet garage I didn't see any fire apparatus. I had been wondering where they were now. A sad situation. Thanks for the update.

It's funny they closed the SW facility, yet corporate headquarters moved into what sounds like a very lush, expensive new building.

I'm gussing the only sacrifice R/M Hq. is making in that respect is that they'll probably be giving up some square footage when they move into the new building.

That's indeed sad. For the longest time, RM had their fleet service located in Tempe on 8th st just west of the Loop 101. Shut that down and moved to a hangar on the southeast side of Mesa Falcon Field airport near the post office there, now have no fleet facility. Shame to see.

Apparently SWA/RM Pima County HQ on Commerce Drive at I-10/Prince has just been placed up for lease out since RM apparently hasn't been paying the rent on the facility in a while. The facility houses SWA/RM ops, fleet, vehicle storage, as well as a fire training ground.

Apparently SWA/RM Pima County HQ on Commerce Drive at I-10/Prince has just been placed up for lease out since RM apparently hasn't been paying the rent on the facility in a while. The facility houses SWA/RM ops, fleet, vehicle storage, as well as a fire training ground.

Sounds like R/M is still having a tough time of it and needs to cut some more expenses. If I'm not mistaken, that Tucson facility was custom built for SWA. I'll bet they're paying a pretty hefty premium for that lease. Probably a similar situation with the custom built facility SWA had in Mesa.

Sounds like R/M is still having a tough time of it and needs to cut some more expenses. If I'm not mistaken, that Tucson facility was custom built for SWA. I'll bet they're paying a pretty hefty premium for that lease. Probably a similar situation with the custom built facility SWA had in Mesa.

I believe you are correct. Just a much smaller scale than the one up there. I agree.....simply not paying on the leases is probably not the finance plan the bankruptcy court had in mind; but it does appear they need to shed more.

I believe you are correct. Just a much smaller scale than the one up there. I agree.....simply not paying on the leases is probably not the finance plan the bankruptcy court had in mind; but it does appear they need to shed more.

Buy they're spending money on corporate re-branding. New logos on apparatus, new uniforms (nation wide), and locally (PMT/SWA) have had 'A Rural/Metro Company' decals placed on every shop. $$$

Buy they're spending money on corporate re-branding. New logos on apparatus, new uniforms (nation wide), and locally (PMT/SWA) have had 'A Rural/Metro Company' decals placed on every shop. $$$

You're right. Going to some kind of gray uniform, with some kind of catchy phrase on it too. Great way to spend cash! haha.

Seriously though, it's been rumored for a long time that RM has been looking to get out of the fire-side business, and concentrate on EMS primarily. As its tough to make money in fire: subscription service isn't a great moneymaker what with all the problems inherent in even non-payers/subscribers; and municipal service has tons of costs that can overtax (no pun) a department like RM, such as the rapod growth of the City of Scottsdale.

Edited by gunhog11