Seagrave7

LAFD Pierce Arrow XT New front LED Lights

10 posts in this topic

Looks like LAFD is installing LED lights on the front of the Pierce Arrow XT's.  See link below.  The new LED scene lights are being installed on the front of the AC boxes of the cabs of the Arrow XT's.  Waterguy will all the Pierce Arrow XT's get these new front Scene Lights?

Also Engine 104 has them already installed in addition to new LED light bars on the rear.  Did E104 get in an accident to have the rear orange lights removed and the clear small light bars installed?  Waterguy can you shed some "light" on this?    

See photo of Engine 93 with new front Scene Lights here: 

http://www.flickr.com/photos/lafd/12260074856/

seagrave that looks like a reflection coming off the diamond plate  cover on the a/c unit. it would not make sense to put a scene light there as it would be blocked by the rooftop lightbar facing forward. most depts. have installed brow lights on the front of the cab above the windshield and below the lightbar

Its not a reflection.  These are Scene lights facing forward.  I saw them in person on Engine 104.  On both sides of the rig.   The light bar does not extend in front of this section of the AC diamond plate boxes on the cabs.  

Looks like LAFD is installing LED lights on the front of the Pierce Arrow XT's.  See link below.  The new LED scene lights are being installed on the front of the AC boxes of the cabs of the Arrow XT's.  Waterguy will all the Pierce Arrow XT's get these new front Scene Lights?

Also Engine 104 has them already installed in addition to new LED light bars on the rear.  Did E104 get in an accident to have the rear orange lights removed and the clear small light bars installed?  Waterguy can you shed some "light" on this?    

See photo of Engine 93 with new front Scene Lights here: 

http://www.flickr.com/photos/lafd/12260074856/

All Pierce Arrow XT's are not getting the front LED flood lights.  The Fire Station has to request them.

Engine 104 received the front LED flood lights and rear LED light bars when it was in for repairs at the shops over a year ago.  They put them on as a trial.  About a month ago, Engine 104 received the LED upgrade for the front lightbar.  Code 3 is working on an LED retrofit kit for the older lightbars.  Engine 104 was the trial vehicle.

seagrave that looks like a reflection coming off the diamond plate  cover on the a/c unit. it would not make sense to put a scene light there as it would be blocked by the rooftop lightbar facing forward. most depts. have installed brow lights on the front of the cab above the windshield and below the lightbar

Those are LED floodlights on the A/C units.  Vehicles from the factory have the front floodlights mounted on the brow.  The shops wanted to put them on older vehicles without having to drill more holes in the roof.  The A/C unit box seems to be an easier install.  I have heard that the lights are working out well in that locations.  Many Stations are requesting them now.

Thanks for the information Waterguy.  Did US&R 88 get its front light bar replaced with a new LED bar/kit?  For some reason I had noticed it in this photo  http://www.flickr.com/photos/lafd/11635900344/in/pool-losangelesfiredepartment/

Also for Stations to get the front LED Floodlights installed is it as simple as just putting in the request and then it will get completed upon the rigs next visit to the shops?  

no I believe tat is the original lightbar on usar 88. its all LED wit rotators on the corner ends. all the squads have the same lightbar as well. are there any pics of engine 104 with the new lightbar???

Sorry I don't have any photos of E104 as I driving next to it on the freeway. The rear smaller clear led light bars looked really nice on it.

seagrave, thanks for clearing that up, it looked like a reflection to me, my eyesite ain't what it used to be , getting old I guess,  anyway my bad

Thanks for the information Waterguy.  Did US&R 88 get its front light bar replaced with a new LED bar/kit?  For some reason I had noticed it in this photo  http://www.flickr.com/photos/lafd/11635900344/in/pool-losangelesfiredepartment/

Definitely an LED retrofit. I believe SQ21 has the retrofit as well, in fact, they've had it since it was SQ4.

Also for Stations to get the front LED Floodlights installed is it as simple as just putting in the request and then it will get completed upon the rigs next visit to the shops?

no I believe tat is the original lightbar on usar 88. its all LED wit rotators on the corner ends. all the squads have the same lightbar as well. are there any pics of engine 104 with the new lightbar???

UR88 swapped out with UR5 due to mileage about two years ago, so nothing technically original.