tnluke401

Lafd and lacofd relationship

7 posts in this topic

Hey guys I was wondering what auto aid agreements exist between city and county and how the departments work together. After looking at a map it appears county has some stations that are completely surrounded by city resources and the opposite with city almost being surrounded with county resources.

The only LA city LA county auto aid I know of is on brush fires depending on where it is and how big it is. LA county fire capm crews usually does the mop up work. West Hollywood has auto aid with city on fires only. I believe they'll get LA city E41 and sometimes 27s depending on the fire. Another area might also be marina del rey. for the most part both departments handles there own. County takes it upon themselves to respond to a LA city structure fire by listening to a scanner but other than that  they handle their own.

No, County will not self dispatch.If city or county see's a header and it's near the line they will respond to i think 1 mile over the line. County has auto aid with Culver city, Beverly Hills, Orange County and LAFD. LaCo has four stations with in Orange county. ST 191, 192, 193 and 194. On a brush response city will send one copter with county and county will send one copter with city. For example, On the 118 FWY in west San Fernando vally with a brush dispatch you will receive LaCo, LAFD and Ventura Co fire. Now on the east side of the 118 you will receive LAFD, LaCo and ANF. (Angeles National Forest). County also has auto aid with Pasadena, Glendale and San Marino.

Correct Me if I'm wrong. but doesn't LA County also have auto aid with Long Beach and certain parts of san bernardino county such as Mt. Baldy and Montclair or would that just be considered mutual Aid?

The mutual aid agreements are quite detailed, as are the internal policies of each agency with respect to "buying-in" to a fire. The mutual aid agreements with LA City and LA County cover far more areas than just West Hollywood and Marina del Rey. Add Kagel Canyon, Topanga Canyon, San Pedro Hospital Area and the 5/14 split area by Sylmar just to name a few...

Little known agreement - the LAFD (96's District border) has first-in responsibility over Bell Canyon in Ventura County through a standing cash compensation agreement.

they also work with torrance and beverly hills !  lafd 91's also share responses with county 124's and 73's at the I5 14 interchange aka the newhall pass i have heard county units respond on tc's on the 210 fwy at paxton  thats near the 118 fwy .