scnradio

San Miguel Truck

6 posts in this topic

What station is the truck at now  I am being told it is running out of 14s and a engine is running out of 15s

Interesting to run the newer Pierce truck (formerly T15) out of 14's, as 14's is such a busy station. They will run the truck into the ground. I thought maybe the reserve truck (T215) was assigned to 14's if their front-line Pierce pumper was out of service. But, in reading the information here, seems T15 is now T14. 

On 1/22/2024 at 11:25 PM, Rescue51 said:

Interesting to run the newer Pierce truck (formerly T15) out of 14's, as 14's is such a busy station. They will run the truck into the ground. I thought maybe the reserve truck (T215) was assigned to 14's if their front-line Pierce pumper was out of service. But, in reading the information here, seems T15 is now T14. 

Well now i am seeing a squad 14 on calls so may be that is the reason for the truck moved to 14s  More ems calls so a squad can be used instead of the truck

Seems some departments are doing what I recommended (like a parrot) for many years, which is to use a squad or rescue (technical/USAR) in place of a aerial ladder truck, for the high volume of medical aids, especially so many being BLS level. It is nice to see them doing this like El Cajon/Heartland Fire-Rescue's SQ6.  I am seeing recently a SQ4 too for Santee FD, I am assuming in place of their Pierce TDA. 

I remember Oceanside has a Squad (as Medic Squad 211) using a former Battalion Chiefs vehicle. Also Encinitas & Rancho Santa Fe has new Patrols that have Paramedic Equipment installed (Similar to the Medic Patrols that Riverside County Fire/Cal Fire uses)

Rescue51 likes this