Cadet

LA County units and shops

5 posts in this topic

Hello,

I have been curious about what vehicles the assistant chiefs drive as well as their locations. I’ve recently seen a video with Battalion 43, what do they oversee and are there other battalions in the 40’s as well? With many fire departments around the country browning out units has LA County browned out any units during this current downturn as well as were there any back in the mid 2000’s like LA city saw with some of their light forces? I also am curious about the fire shops, are there several or is there one central shop? Any info helps, thanks!

If i remember correctly, The Battalions such as B46 is the wildland BC. Numbers in the 40,s are special divisions.

Cadet likes this

AC's are currently using Tahoes (only exception might be the Camps AC who could possibly be using a Superintendent vehicle). AC's are on a forty-hour workweek out of fire stations but along with Deputy Chiefs, are rotated on-call after hours. Field AC's (going strictly off memory) AC1 out of FS158, AC2/FS154, AC3/FS150, AC4/FS30, AC5/FS129?, AC6/FS164, AC7/FS70, AC8/FS181, AC9/FS4.

As far as BC call signs, forty-hour BC's all have designators. Camps are in the 40's but I don't recall the breakdown of the others (e.g. Prevention BC's, etc.) If you see a designator on a BC vehicle outside of 1 thru 22, it's a forty-hour BC.

BC's 1-22 are Ops Field BC's

Battalion 46 is in charge of the Paid Crews Camps and Heavy Equipment, Battalion 

Battalion 44 Inmate Camps

Battalion 42 Air Ops