fireag

New SFFD equipment

13 posts in this topic

Are we talking about San Francisco FD? If so, I saw there were SFFD staff at Ferrara in Louisianna doing final inspections on some new rigs. There was an Engine, Tiller, and a Mobile Air Unit on a Mack Terrapro chassis in the pictures I saw.

On 1/17/2022 at 11:42 AM, x635 said:

Are we talking about San Francisco FD? If so, I saw there were SFFD staff at Ferrara in Louisianna doing final inspections on some new rigs. There was an Engine, Tiller, and a Mobile Air Unit on a Mack Terrapro chassis in the pictures I saw.

Ya, really any SFFD apparatus. any pictures to share?

This is the new Mobile Air 1. It's a 2021 Mack Terrapro/Ferrara. From an unknown photographer on Facebook:

air.jpg

On 1/19/2022 at 4:18 PM, x635 said:

This is the new Mobile Air 1. It's a 2021 Mack Terrapro/Ferrara. From an unknown photographer on Facebook:

air.jpg

Clean rig!  I like how compact it is

There was a page in the production section on the ferrara website and showed the 2nd tda for sffd labeled as T-1. So my guess is that will probably go to T1. The page is gone now. Anyone have any new info for the new tdas? 

On 2/5/2023 at 5:14 PM, FSSeven6 said:

Finally, T13 went into service recently.

Finally!! Any word on who is getting the next rig?

Unfortunately, SFFD rejected the 2nd tiller. There were so many issues with both of the tillers, so only T13 got the ferrara. The other one went to National Fire Radio.