lkseng3

Lakeside WT2

7 posts in this topic

WT2 will run in tandem with E2 like they previously did with WT7251 as well as extra staffing during Red Flags.

From Lakeside's Facebook:

Lakeside Fire Protection District has a great new tool being added to our line of fire apparatus for the approaching fire season. Our new Water Tander (WT2) is ready to be put in service. It is a Spartan US tanker. Specs are: Freightliner chassis, 196 inch wheel base, Cummins L9 350 hp engine, 750 GPM Hale water pump, 2000 gallon water tank and a 2100 gallon foldable porta tank. It will serve Lakeside for many years to come. Welcome WT2!

Image may contain: outdoorImage may contain: outdoorImage may contain: sky and outdoor

Edited by lkseng3
Rescue51 likes this

Great post, nice looking rig, and thank you to lkseng3.  Question, what is going to happen to the current WT you have had there which I think was on loan from the San Diego County Fire Authority?   Since I believe you are in Lakeside FD and have some good insights, will Lakeside FD get a truck, quint or squirt anytime soon to replace E202S (the older KME)???

Edited by Rescue51

Can someone explain Heartland fire? My impression was that El Cajon, Lakeside and Santee all merged...

On 4/7/2020 at 11:25 PM, Rescue51 said:

Great post, nice looking rig, and thank you to lkseng3.  Question, what is going to happen to the current WT you have had there which I think was on loan from the San Diego County Fire Authority?   Since I believe you are in Lakeside FD and have some good insights, will Lakeside FD get a truck, quint or squirt anytime soon to replace E202S (the older KME)???

WT7251 has been gone for awhile. WT25 from Viejas and WT27 from Barona were the closest in the area before WT2 arrived. Supposed to be getting a new Type 3 soon as well.

The Smeal/Spartan WUI Engines are the new path forward. 

Edited by lkseng3

11 hours ago, e5911 said:

Can someone explain Heartland fire? My impression was that El Cajon, Lakeside and Santee all merged...

So there is Heartland JPA/Dispatch and Heartland Fire Rescue. Heartland JPA/Dispatch is made up of Alpine, Barona, Bonita, Campo Reservation, El Cajon, Lakeside, La Mesa, Lemon Grove, San Miguel, Santee, Sycuan, and Viejas. All of these departments are dispatched by "Heartland" and most participate jointly within the JPA for trainings.

Heartland Fire Rescue is El Cajon, La Mesa, and Lemon Grove who came together to kind of form one department.

lkseng3--do you know if any plans are in place for Lakeside FD to acquire a quint/ladder rig?  I know 2's is still running the older KME telesquirt, but was not sure if they plan on updates/additions.  This time of crisis might not be a good time to be thinking ahead like that, I am afraid budgets are gonna get way tightened up.  Take care and thanks for the good reports in this forum.