Rescue51

New LAFD Pierce pumpers

9 posts in this topic

I noticed on Pierce's Flickr account page, they showed seven new pumpers as new deliveries to LAFD.

49128773956_bc285d758f_c(1).jpg

I saw last week on the Flickr page for Pierce, new deliveries, some 7 new pumpers being delivered.  Not sure if others are on order too (I assume so).  

Thank you Rescue 51, I am pretty much thinking that at least 15 to 20 were on the order since that is about the number of 03 Pierce and Seagrave's were still in Frontline service as either Engines or Pumps. I was just curious if anyone knew the actual number on order

Rescue51 likes this

Two of the new engines are in service. One of them is at 104's and the other is at 15's. The KME that E15 was in is now reassigned as E215 and the Seagrave that E215 was in is now in the reserve pool.

Does anyone know else is slated to receive one of the new Pierce Engines and how many were on the order

I thought they were adding the “City” to new orders.  I saw E24 yesterday which I believe is a 2004 XT, and they had City added on the doors.  Correct me if I’m wrong.

Engine 24 is currently in a 2003 Pierce. The decal lettering on the side does say Los Angeles City Fire Department Class 1. Also, new orders will include City