RFRD

Ambulances in the Town of Florence

10 posts in this topic

A few years ago the Town of Florence entered into contract with Southwest Ambulance. The contract places requirements on the ambulances. Such requirements include vehicles under a certain millage, therefore SW has purchased new vehicles for the area.

First a little background;

The Town of Florence Fire Department aka Florence Fire/Medical has two stations and staffs three apparatus. With plans on expansion with the upcoming annexations planned.

FS541: E541, TRV541

FS542: L542, C541, BC542, BC543

Southwest Ambulance operates out of two stations.

Station 548 Historic Florence

AP548

AP549

Station 547 aka Florence Hospital at Anthem

AP547

The first wave of 'new' ambulances came after SW pulled from Chandler. Shops 486, 487, & 488 were R281, R2810, & AP283 thus becoming AP547 (shop486), AP548 (shop487), and AP549 (shop488).

The next wave came in March when SW purchased 3 brand new Ford/Braun ambulances. These have the Ford gas motors. Shops 494 (AP547), 495 (AP548), & 496 (AP549). The lighting seems to be the cheaper Code 3 PSE brand LED lighting vs the Whelen light package that were on the Chandler Rescues.

Those Chandler rescues then went to Maricopa as AP571 (shop486), AP572 (shop487), & AP573(shop488).

Here are some photos... I'll work on getting better quality of all the rides.

b46e0d24689111e28d0622000a9e13b7_7_zpsf2f2705e5081ec11e2b1c522000a9f18eb_7_zpsa3fcca7de2d30c11e2904822000a1fc3ed_7_zps39unnamed1_zps4b36cf9e.jpgunnamed2_zpsf3a40f54.jpg

Rettungswagen likes this

Oasis at Magic Ranch and other properties along Arizona Farms road. They have plans to move as far up as Hunt and Gary.

Living in San Tan Valley / Johnson Ranch, I just got a notice that Johnson Utilities is planning to move water service to Town of Florence. Notice for public hearing.

Be interesting to see how the vote goes in January about the proposal for a fire district here, as was mentioned in the other thread from this past December.

Also, the Maricopa/Pinal SWA rigs are light years better than the standard fleet Pima county rigs. Yes, Pima has nice new rigs for their Northwest and Green Valley operations, per contract; but the normal ops here.....Tucson FD BLS, Tri Cities up in San Manuel, and Safford.....run standard SWA junk.

Casa Grande getting any new cars ?

Also Do you know where Florence Station 3 is going to built ?

Casa Grande getting any new cars ?

Also Do you know where Florence Station 3 is going to built ?

Casa Grande didn't get any new cars. They are still in the first generation Mesa Ford/Bruans.

Nothing is set yet for the Town of Florence, but looking at Attaway & Arizona Farms Rd.

Living in San Tan Valley / Johnson Ranch, I just got a notice that Johnson Utilities is planning to move water service to Town of Florence. Notice for public hearing.

Be interesting to see how the vote goes in January about the proposal for a fire district here, as was mentioned in the other thread from this past December.

I also live in Johnson Ranch and welcome the move of Johnson Utilities to the Town of Florence. I doubt the proposed STV Fire District will gain any ground. Too many mixed views on the subject, plus the Town of Florence seems to be moving very quickly with their land annexations. Only time will tell for sure.

What do you think of that Johnson Volunteer Fire Department decal on that old rig parked in George Johnson's yard?

I also live in Johnson Ranch and welcome the move of Johnson Utilities to the Town of Florence. I doubt the proposed STV Fire District will gain any ground. Too many mixed views on the subject, plus the Town of Florence seems to be moving very quickly with their land annexations. Only time will tell for sure.

What do you think of that Johnson Volunteer Fire Department decal on that old rig parked in George Johnson's yard?

Florence is indeed moving fast, which is funny because much of the land Florence has been annexing.....from Anthem South up Hunt Highway, is actually closer to Coolidge. Yet it seems Coolidge hasn't made any moves for expansion at all.

Grew up in the east Valley, and remember when all that was in this whole San Tan desert was......desert. In fact, had to drive through cotton fields and farmland to get to work at Williams AFB back in the day, from Mesa/Chandler.

I'll have to check out that rig....haven't seen it yet.