Rescue51

Expanded T/C on La Cresta Road, Crest

4 posts in this topic

So from news accounts I saw, I guess this was a high-speed Dodge Ram that went over the side, hit a rock, then went a ways down, and started on fire.  One confirmed fatality thus far. 

I have not seen this many resources on a scene in a while, from various agencies, in Heartland Fire-Rescue's area.  Chula Vista E56 in Heartland's area?  Who is SNTK9? 

~Rescue51

[from Pulse Point]

Expanded Traffic Collision

LA CRESTA RD & FORESTER CREEK RD, EL CAJON, CA (EB UP THE HILL)

B6

BR3352

CHVE56

E18

E8

LOG46

M438

MAM20

MAM26

MAMB1

OE418

R3

SNTK9

T4

8:51 AM
Today
5 h 39 m
Edited by Rescue51

I saw a post yesterday where 3 USAR k9 where called out to help look to see if there was more injury's from a crash over the side.  If I remember right one of the k9s was from chula vista. san diego and Santee.  Can the SNTK9 be for the Santee k9 if this is the same call?

Rescue51 likes this

Thanks 'scnradio'...that makes perfect sense.  I heard a wit said there were 2 passengers in truck prior to going over-the-side.  I suspect those were S&R (USAR) dogs looking for the 2nd victim due to possible ejection.  I understand they never found any 2nd person.  Though I still do not understand why Chula Vista Engine 56 would have been dispatched.  That was one strange incident yesterday.

Edited by Rescue51
scnradio likes this