engine98

State Of Nevada Firehouses

113 posts in this topic

I went to that camp as a Boy Scout.  It would e a shame to develop it , but the bigger issue is water.  Im not really sure where they are going to get it.

I worked a summer at Mountain Springs Station when BLM partnered with CCFD and we ran calls with the volunteers on our off time.  We built the bunk room and worked on the kitchen. Checked out the apparatus for the volunteers.  Still have one of the old blue helmets !

engine98 likes this

A great station to photograph apparatus in the morning during brush season. I did not see any US Forestry apparatus at the station last brush season for the first time ever. Likely due to all the construction widening route 160. Clark County is becoming way too overdeveloped. Heard that they were going to get the water from somewhere in Sandy Valley. Crazy how the development seems to be endless with the cost of living starting to rise. Here is Mountain Springs station during brush season a few years back.

43546597664_de89398dc9_c.jpg

Edited by engine98

Yeah back then, in the 80's, CCFD had agreements at Mountain springs, and Mesquite back when it was still a county station.  We also worked out of Pahrump fire and Cold creek before there was ever a station there.  We opened Red Rock much later and stations in Vegas, The Springs, Caliente, Pahrump, Mesquite and a helibase at NLV airport

engine98 likes this

Henderson Fire of Clark County Nevada station 95's quarters sporting its new earth tone paint.

79840691_2803161383037839_1183888974725251072_n.jpg

Henderson Fire of Clark County recently had this addition built at station 98's quarters to house the department's Hazmat Truck.

49319525492_2d2f892d4e_c.jpg

Edited by engine98

The welcome sign of the BLM firehouse, Pahrump Valley Nye County's station

48834252018_b7191cdc65_c.jpg

The quarters of the former Virgin Valley Volunteer Fire Department of Clark County. Located in Mesquite. this old house is now the Mesquite museum. I would imagine this was active prior to mesquite Fire Rescue being established.

30397618618_ccbff215ae_c.jpg

Mesquite5010 likes this

Mesquite Fire Rescue of Clark County's 1995 Freightliner/Emergency One engine pulling out of the main station for photos. This apparatus was repainted to Red from yellow later in its career. Think this may now be in reserve status.

43546936344_bee0f89a24_c.jpg

8 hours ago, engine98 said:

Mesquite Fire Rescue of Clark County's 1995 Freightliner/Emergency One engine pulling out of the main station for photos. This apparatus was repainted to Red from yellow later in its career. Think this may now be in reserve status.

43546936344_bee0f89a24_c.jpg

Retired last year. Replaced with a 2019 Pierce Quantum 1500/750....

It was traded in. I’m not sure where it may now be....

Edited by Mesquite5010
engine98 likes this

Thanks for that info. I have plans to visit Mesquite soon for an updated photo shoot. Just need a clear sky on a day off.

North Las Vegas Fire Department of Clark County pulling out their Pierce Quantum tower on the front apron for photos a while back. This was recently replaced and is now in reserve status.

29327888267_55e045a0b7_c.jpg

Mesquite5010 likes this

Logandale BLM firehouse of Clark County. This building is one of two on-site. The second building across the lot is the living quarters and admin offices.

49364062492_84f49038fb_c.jpg

Mesquite5010 likes this

Pahrump Valley Fire-Rescue Service of Nye County station 5's quarters back in 2007. From the old 35mm archives. The Western Star/Interpipe Water Tender has since been retired. Believe the International Brush Truck is still in service.

34.jpg

Edited by engine98

Another old 35mm 2007 photo of Pahrump Valley Fire Rescue Service, Nye County station 2's quarters. This station is currently out of service. The "Green Machine" ARFF Unit is still stored at this station. The antique Federal/General Engine is now stored at the main station. The other two Engines were from the Nye County Emergency Service being stored at this station when this shot was taken.

65.jpg

The Las Vegas Motor Speedway of Clark County's Fire & Safety garage. Used to store equipment and apparatus maintenance.

12.jpg

Henderson Fire of Clark County station 81's quarters. An Engine and Medic Unit run from here.

12.jpg

2895.jpg

Question about the LVFD. I have a few pics of some of Vegas' rigs from circa '98 to 2000, that I acquired, not my pics so I wont post them. At that time, they were running with white rigs with the painted dangling red dice for their unit numbers, when did they switch over to red apparatus?  Just curious. 

Thanks in advance. 

LVFD was all red in the 60s-and 70s ,  by the 90 I believe they were running white and Gold.  then they went red.

The dice have been around as a part of the door logo since at least the 70s

They were Seagrave customers , then ALF, then Superior , then and now Pierce and most recently Sparten

Casey likes this

Henderson Fire of Clark County station 85's new quarters. This is an addition to the department. An Engine and Medic Unit run from here.

1112.jpg

The Silver Peak Volunteer Fire Department and John A. Baker Training Center of Esmeralda County's quarters.

119.jpg

The Pahrump Valley Fire Rescue Service of Nye County fire station 2 new replacement under construction. It is slated to open in January and will have a paid crew on board. This station will also house most of the department's reserve apparatus.

90_c.jpg

Clark County Fire Department station 24. Medic Unit, Engine, and Truck run from here.

FP4.jpeg