41engine41

LACoFD 73

8 posts in this topic

County FS 73 has always had a lot of apparatus for the size of the station. E73, sq73, pat73, WT73 , foam 73, and the swift water rescue units and I think a battalion or division SUV. Parking used to be the engine and foam at the front and the water tanker behind the foam tender and squad behind the engine running out the back of the station. I think the patrol and SUV were housed in the garages to the side of the yard at the back and the swift water rescue was in the garages to the side by the automatic gates.

That was my last visit a few years ago however from video footage i see all has changed. It seems Engine and Squad now run from the front, patrol behind the engine, foam behind the squad at the back. Not sure where WT73 is or parks and has the batt or div been moved out to another location and are the swift water units still there? I thik the swift water is staffed by lifeguards and not the firefighters from the station. That foam unit look slike it belongs in a museum, must be getting replaced soon!

Hope all are ok..

JT

Yes St73 has changed as fare as apparatus. WT 73 IS now WT 156 and the Foam and Eng park in front. P73 and Sq 73 park behind the E and FT. The Batt and Division run out of St126.

No problem and I saw what appeared to be a Foam Tender at 32's recently unless its another specialize apparatus. 

Interesting and 32's water tender sure looks different in comparison to the other water tenders with the exception of water tender 128 having a cab-over apparatus and all the other water tenders resembling each other such as 80's and 156's.

On 9/12/2019 at 5:19 PM, pump305 said:

32 does not. St127 and St73 are the only two i know of.

There is also Foam 1.  It's on a much smaller pick-up truck type chassis.