Stinger

Pfd units

27 posts in this topic

3-1 assignment will be dispatched for structure fires that do not indicate the need for a First Alarm assignment.
Response Requirements: 3 ENG, LAD, 2 BC, RES (if within a 4-mile radius) (RIC)--Working 3-1’s receive a RIC assignment. A RIC assignment consists of a 3-1 plus ENG, RES, U, CCU, RH

Alarms
Criteria: A First Alarm will be dispatched for structure fires when reports indicate this level of resource may be needed. This may be based on reports that indicate an actual or potential situation. A First Alarm may be dispatched for other types of incidents at the discretion of Dispatch personnel.
Response Requirements: 5ENG, 2LAD, RES, 2 BC, SDC, NDC, CV, U, RH, C957, C307 (if within a 4-mile radius), (SC), (ALS)

could someone decipher the acronyms for the units thx

ENG=ENGINE, LAD=LADDER, SDC=SOUTH DIVISION CHIEF, NDC=NORTH DIVISION CHIEF CV=COMMAND VAN, C957= SAFETY CHIEF 

U=UTILITY RES=RESCUE BC=BATTALION CHIEF . The rest I don't know....

On 6/22/2019 at 9:20 AM, Stinger said:

3-1 assignment will be dispatched for structure fires that do not indicate the need for a First Alarm assignment.
Response Requirements: 3 ENG, LAD, 2 BC, RES (if within a 4-mile radius) (RIC)--Working 3-1’s receive a RIC assignment. A RIC assignment consists of a 3-1 plus ENG, RES, U, CCU, RH

Alarms
Criteria: A First Alarm will be dispatched for structure fires when reports indicate this level of resource may be needed. This may be based on reports that indicate an actual or potential situation. A First Alarm may be dispatched for other types of incidents at the discretion of Dispatch personnel.
Response Requirements: 5ENG, 2LAD, RES, 2 BC, SDC, NDC, CV, U, RH, C957, C307 (if within a 4-mile radius), (SC), (ALS)

could someone decipher the acronyms for the units thx

Where did you find this? 

I think this response list is not totally up to date is because there is not Squad company that is included in the responses. I would assume the Heavy Rescue's  ( Squads) would be due on a working fire unless they need to be special called or need to wait for a full 2nd alarm.

Also why would you need both the North and South Deputies on a full first alarm? Wouldn't you just send the Deputy of the part of the city where the fire is located at?

What is a CCU and an RH? Also what is C 957 and C 307?

While is good information and from a good source it is not totally up to date as if you look up a Heavy Rescue dispatch protocol they only had Squad 8 listed. So this protocol was put together before the 3 current Heavy Duty Squads were  put in service.

They do have Squad 8 assigned to a full 2nd alarm. However now there is a Squad 44 and technically speaking a Squad 72 even though I understood that it was Squad 29 that was supposed to be temporarily assigned to Station 72. According to what I have there is also not regular Engine 72 but Engine 929 which a temporary assignment until they get funding for an Engine 72 however that may not be up to date either.

So what would be the current assignment for a 1st alarm? And the dispatch before it’s a full alarm thx

17 minutes ago, Stinger said:

is A squad added to all first alarms ?

Stinger I have the same question that you do as I am not from Phoenix however I do believe that the Squads do now go on a first alarm but I don't have any details and someone on this site who is from Phoenix or knows more about the Phoenix fire department could probably help us. Also there are different ways that Squads can be dispatched. Some places wait to confirm a working fire before a Squad will be dispatched while other places will dispatch a Squad company automatically with the first due units. Other places will dispatch Squads only if they are in the first due area or within a designated radius of several miles from their quarters. 

Edited by firepost

HOUSE - 3/1 Assignment

ENG ENG END LAD CMD CMD R (only within 4 mile limit) HR (only within 5 mile limit). 

WF - Working Fire Assignment

ENG, ENG, ENG, ENG (4th during summer months), LAD, CMD, CMD, PSC (PHX Shift Commander), Rescue, RH (only during summer), U, HR (within 5 mile limit), CR, PIO. 

WF1A - 1st Alarm Working Fire 

6 ENG (7th during summer), 2 LAD, RH, Shift Commander, CR, U, 3 CMD, C957S/N, RH, Command Van, C959, RM50, INV, AMB. 

Heavy Rescues aka Squads (SQ8, SQ29, SQ44) are not required on any assignment (except specials ops) but they fulfill ladder company requirements if they’re close but backed up by a big ladder (aerial device). 

This is is the generic for PHX only. Every city, sub zone, address could have an alternate response requirement. 

1 hour ago, Stinger said:

There we go with the acronym again lol

Haha. Sorry about that... 

A Phoenix House Fire gets a 3-1 response which stands for 3 engines and 1 ladder. 

3 Engines, 1 Ladder, & 2 Battalion Chiefs. A rescue (ambulance) goes if they’re within 4 miles of the fire. A squad goes if they’re within 5 miles of the fire unless they are closer than a ladder and will go in addition to the ladder company. 

A phoenix working fire gets the following: 

3 Engines (4th engine during summer), 1 Ladder, 2 Battalion Chiefs, 1 Rescue (Ambulance), Crisis Response Team (CR unit), Rehab Unit (only during summer), Utility truck, Public Information Officer (PI3), North or South Deputy Chief (NDC/SDC), Squad if the Fire is within 5 miles or they are closer than a Ladder  

A Phoenix 1st Alarm Working Fire (WF1A)

Command Van (CRV or CV30), 2 Ladders, 6 Engines (7th during the summer), Rehab Unit, North or South Deputy Chief, Utility Truck, 3 Battalion Chiefs, Special Operations Captain (C957s/n), Public Information Officer (PI3), Resources Management Captain (RM50), EMS Captain (C959), 1 Rescue (Ambulance), Crisis Response Unit (CR)  

Great run down. What does the crisis response unit do ? Do they handle things like housing and welfare after the fire

On 6/23/2019 at 9:58 PM, RFRD said:

HOUSE - 3/1 Assignment

ENG ENG END LAD CMD CMD R (only within 4 mile limit) HR (only within 5 mile limit). 

WF - Working Fire Assignment

ENG, ENG, ENG, ENG (4th during summer months), LAD, CMD, CMD, PSC (PHX Shift Commander), Rescue, RH (only during summer), U, HR (within 5 mile limit), CR, PIO. 

WF1A - 1st Alarm Working Fire 

6 ENG (7th during summer), 2 LAD, RH, Shift Commander, CR, U, 3 CMD, C957S/N, RH, Command Van, C959, RM50, INV, AMB. 

Heavy Rescues aka Squads (SQ8, SQ29, SQ44) are not required on any assignment (except specials ops) but they fulfill ladder company requirements if they’re close but backed up by a big ladder (aerial device). 

This is is the generic for PHX only. Every city, sub zone, address could have an alternate response requirement. 

Thanks for the information RFRD. So you are saying that if the fire is 5 miles or less from the nearest Squad company the Squad will be dispatched if it  is available. If the Squad is located further than 5 miles it won't be dispatched.

That is perfectly understandable and the reasoning behind that  if the Squad has to travel beyond 5 miles there really isn't much that the Squad can do by the time it arrives.

By the information that you stated above it appears that the Squad will go (if less then 5 miles away) automatically with the other units as opposed to waiting to see if it is a confirmed fire, correct? 

I have another  question and that is if the fire is beyond the 5 mile limit for a Squad response will the Squad be dispatched on the a 2nd alarm or will a Squad just not be dispatched at all if the fire goes to a 2nd alarm?

Thanks for the good information.

Edited by firepost

Who is "Heavy Rescue-1"?

Saw the rear of the unit at the APS fire 

2 hours ago, e5911 said:

Who is "Heavy Rescue-1"?

Saw the rear of the unit at the APS fire 

High-Rise 1

On 6/23/2019 at 4:14 PM, firepost said:

What is a CCU and an RH? Also what is C 957 and C 307?

I never lived right in PHX, but my town went from Rural Metro to PFD coverage fairly recently. RH would seem to be rehab. I missed CCU. (I love the PFD live dispatch page, but it would be nice if they explained the apparatus codes [they do list FD's]).