Rescue51

New rig observation, East County of San Diego

6 posts in this topic

Hi friends, I was getting off the I-8 @ 2nd Street, El Cajon yesterday and in the cross intersection travelling NB on 2nd Street was a new rig, looked like Ford F-550 chassis, I think it was a two-door cab for personnel of 2, but I could be wrong.  I could not catch the side decals for which agency, it has chevron markings on  the rear.  It said "Ground Support" either on side or rear.  What was really interesting was it had a smaller crane on it.   I am not sure if it is a mechanic's/shops support vehicle, or some kind of rescue rig with a lower weight lifting crane.  Very interesting.  I do not think it was a mechanic's rig, but do not know why they call it "Ground Support."   My guess is it is part of the San Diego County Fire Authority and/or Cal Fire.  Any clues? Thanks.  ~Rescue51

Thank you '619Emergencys'!!  I am looking at some information right now, and it almost looks more like a rescue support rig.  But I trust what you say sir. Which agency is using it, is it Lakeside Fire?   Though Lakeside has R3.  That is really a unique rig, I've not seen that in the East County.  ~Rescue51

Edited by Rescue51

Well im not entirely sure what the mission of the vehicle is, your "rescue support rig" idea seems about right but Bit Pros which is who the vehicle belongs to is a company that offers mechanical support to fire departments out in the field.