Rescue51

San Miguel Fire-Rescue new Truck 15

2 posts in this topic

The San Miguel Fire District has shared this photo in their Facebook account, and have said they soon are taking delivery of the new Pierce Truck 15.  They plan an open house too.  Nice looking rig.  I was hoping they would go for a tiller, but I believe the tillers are more $$$$.  I cannot tell if this new truck has a tank/pump, but believe it does sport tank/pump and MAY be a quint similar to the current T15 in operation.  Seems great things are happening at San Miguel Fire-Rescue since they unlinked themselves from Cal Fire.  I've seen lots of good progress and leadership.   I believe at one time earlier they made an offer to Lakeside Fire to come under the umbrella with them, but Lakeside declined.  If El Cajon, La Mesa & Lemon Grove could merge under Heartland Fire-Rescue, I would not be surprised to see this happen down the road.  Lakeside + Alpine + Barona + Viejas FD would make more sense. 

88011799_2474651749414212_1486674655740690432_o.jpg

Edited by Rescue51

17 hours ago, Rescue51 said:

The San Miguel Fire District has shared this photo in their Facebook account, and have said they soon are taking delivery of the new Pierce Truck 15.  They plan an open house too.  Nice looking rig.  I was hoping they would go for a tiller, but I believe the tillers are more $$$$.  I cannot tell if this new truck has a tank/pump, but believe it does sport tank/pump and MAY be a quint similar to the current T15 in operation.  Seems great things are happening at San Miguel Fire-Rescue since they unlinked themselves from Cal Fire.  I've seen lots of good progress and leadership.   I believe at one time earlier they made an offer to Lakeside Fire to come under the umbrella with them, but Lakeside declined.  If El Cajon, La Mesa & Lemon Grove could merge under Heartland Fire-Rescue, I would not be surprised to see this happen down the road.  Lakeside + Alpine + Barona + Viejas FD would make more sense. 

88011799_2474651749414212_1486674655740690432_o.jpg

It looks like a PUC configuration...