Rescue51

San Jose FD's new USARs

4 posts in this topic

Very interesting to see the new deliveries in Pierce's Flickr page showing this new USAR with a crane/lift on rear.  You do not see too many of these around.  Also of interest is Fire House on-line shows a new delivery I believe in 2018 of another Pierce USAR rig.  I am wondering is San Jose rolling with the two (2) USAR's.  ~Rescue51

49233002318_45bf687fb0_c.jpg

san_jose.5d8a2dfbcc0dd.jpg

Edited by Rescue51
correction

Notice the Unit ID the top says unit A and bottom has unit B. So looks like they do.

i remember I believe Seattle had I believe A TDA usar with crane mounted on it like this one but just behind the cab. 

Edited by mr.ranger

Hello Mr. Ranger, thanks for that input.  I found this on the San Jose FD Wikiepedia page, supporting your information. Looks like USARs A + B run out of fs34's.  That is quite a set of resources for USAR with a C, D, E, trailers and boat.  ~Rescue51

1634 Las Plumas Ave. Engine 34  USAR 34A, 34B     USAR-C, USAR-D, USAR-E, USAR Trailers, USAR Boat

6 hours ago, mr.ranger said:

Notice the Unit ID the top says unit A and bottom has unit B. So looks like they do.

i remember I believe Seattle had I believe A TDA usar with crane mounted on it like this one but just behind the cab. 

I think you're referring to Portland, OR Squad 12 (former Squad 1), which is a Pierce Arrow XT tiller rescue with a knuckle-boom crane on the cab. 

Photo courtesy of: https://www.flickr.com/photos/45727377@N06/33652435408/

Portland, Oregon Fire Department.  Squad 12

Edited by h_par202