GilbertFIRE

Phoenix FD 2020 new apparatus

44 posts in this topic

What is a Fit? 

Are you saying the District Deputy Chiefs will be taking over for the North and South Commanders? Having  5 District Chiefs take over for 2 Commanders doesn't seem to make alot of sense or do the District Chiefs put in normal business hours with them taking turns for night time and weekend runs. Also how are do they current run the North and South Commanders on fires in terms of on what are they dispatched on. For example do they go on a full first alarm working fire or do they wait for a 2nd alarm to be pulled before they are dispatched? Will they be dispatching the  District Chiefs in the same way? 

Thanks

100ft rear mount aerial straight sticks single axle E-Ones have been chosen as next ladder trucks. 

5 hours ago, NJtoAZ said:

100ft rear mount aerial straight sticks single axle E-Ones have been chosen as next ladder trucks. 

What is your source of the information and wouldn't they have hold a bidding process before any new  Ladder or Truck apparatus are ordered?

Is that just a preference that was expressed by someone on the Fire Department as usually an open bidding process would decide who the manufacter would be?

As you know Phoenix currently runs with 14 Truck companies and all of them use Aerial Platforms. So if they are serious about purchasing straight  100 foot ladders it means that the Aerial Platforms that are in service will be reduced. How many newer Pierce platforms are in service because I believe that there are at least a few newer Platforms that are in service and the ones that would probably be replaced are the Ladder companies that are still using the American La France mid mounted platforms.

The information that I have regarding Ladder company assignments might not necessarily be up to date so feel free to correct me as there might be a fifith Pierce Tower Ladder in service.

I'm sure that there are people on this site that have more accurate information then I have.

According to the information that I have Ladders 1,4,22 and 24 are running with newer Pierce Platforms.  So that would still have Ladders 11,12 ,20,26,33,37,41,43 and 50 running with American La France mid mounted platforms and then there is Ladder 9 with the 114 foot Bronto Skylift.  I would assume that they would still want to keep Ladder 9 running with a Bronto Skylift however  that is only speculation on my part.

I personally like the idea of running with Aerial Platforms as opposed to straight Aerial Ladders as it gives you more flexibility then running with a straight Aerial Ladder.

Edited by firepost

Wrongo on the E-1's as the next ladder truck(s) they are buying.

I was told during recent visit, just a 1 time purchase. Look into it!

Steve

Edited by SKFD_Chf1900

12 hours ago, SKFD_Chf1900 said:

Wrongo on the E-1's as the next ladder truck(s) they are buying.

I was told during recent visit, just a 1 time purchase. Look into it!

Right from the department's email on apparatus. 

Phoenix doesn't replace all ladders at one time. Never said all were being replaced. So, wrong-o. These will be the next purchase for a few ladders. 

18 hours ago, firepost said:

What is your source of the information and wouldn't they have hold a bidding process before any new  Ladder or Truck apparatus are ordered?

Is that just a preference that was expressed by someone on the Fire Department as usually an open bidding process would decide who the manufacter would be?

As you know Phoenix currently runs with 14 Truck companies and all of them use Aerial Platforms. So if they are serious about purchasing straight  100 foot ladders it means that the Aerial Platforms that are in service will be reduced. How many newer Pierce platforms are in service because I believe that there are at least a few newer Platforms that are in service and the ones that would probably be replaced are the Ladder companies that are still using the American La France mid mounted platforms.

The information that I have regarding Ladder company assignments might not necessarily be up to date so feel free to correct me as there might be a fifith Pierce Tower Ladder in service.

I'm sure that there are people on this site that have more accurate information then I have.

According to the information that I have Ladders 1,4,22 and 24 are running with newer Pierce Platforms.  So that would still have Ladders 11,12 ,20,26,33,37,41,43 and 50 running with American La France mid mounted platforms and then there is Ladder 9 with the 114 foot Bronto Skylift.  I would assume that they would still want to keep Ladder 9 running with a Bronto Skylift however  that is only speculation on my part.

I personally like the idea of running with Aerial Platforms as opposed to straight Aerial Ladders as it gives you more flexibility then running with a straight Aerial Ladder.

Yes, a "competitive" process will take place, but do you think they won't purchase what they want?

L1 L22 in rear mount tower ladders. L4 L24 L33 in mid mount tower ladders. 

A "new" used Pierce tower from Miami Fire Rescue recently had purchase order cut and probably a month or two be delivered. 

And again, Phoenix isn't replacing every ladder with new. 

On 1/24/2020 at 2:19 AM, firepost said:

What is a Fit? 

Are you saying the District Deputy Chiefs will be taking over for the North and South Commanders? Having  5 District Chiefs take over for 2 Commanders doesn't seem to make alot of sense or do the District Chiefs put in normal business hours with them taking turns for night time and weekend runs. Also how are do they current run the North and South Commanders on fires in terms of on what are they dispatched on. For example do they go on a full first alarm working fire or do they wait for a 2nd alarm to be pulled before they are dispatched? Will they be dispatching the  District Chiefs in the same way? 

Thanks

FIT - field incident technician, Capt who drives the Chiefs. 

No, NDC and SDC will still be around but designated BCs. They will still serve as shift commanders. 

DCs will be available more for calls during the day and some responses after hours. 

NDC and SDC currently run on all incidents that a CMD officer is needed. If they are closest they go. 

in a recent phone conversation, appears just a purchase of 2. Certain individuals had their input. There is no change to all E-One sticks!

54 minutes ago, SKFD_Chf1900 said:

in a recent phone conversation, appears just a purchase of 2. Certain individuals had their input. There is no change to all E-One sticks!

Again, like the statements said before, not all are being replaced at once. 

The next order, this order, will be two E-One rear mount single axle ladders. 

On ‎1‎/‎25‎/‎2020 at 9:13 AM, NJtoAZ said:

Yes, a "competitive" process will take place, but do you think they won't purchase what they want?

L1 L22 in rear mount tower ladders. L4 L24 L33 in mid mount tower ladders. 

A "new" used Pierce tower from Miami Fire Rescue recently had purchase order cut and probably a month or two be delivered. 

And again, Phoenix isn't replacing every ladder with new. 

Did they order the 5 new impel Pumpers yet,  Any word what company's are getting  the 4 impels and is used the Miami Tower  rear or Mid mount , Arrow XT ?  tks 

In my conversation with one of the chiefs, yes, the 5 have been ordered. The 1st four not assigned, but 55 might be getting one. 

Ladder 24 or 4 might get the miami tower you guys speak of. Anyone have pictures of it?

Steve

Just now, SKFD_Chf1900 said:

In my conversation with one of the chiefs, yes, the 5 have been ordered. If they are under build, I'll probably see them in a couple weeks when I am in Appleton. The 1st four not assigned, but 55 might be getting one she said.. 

Ladder 24 or 4 might get the miami tower you guys speak of. Anyone have pictures of it?

Steve

Just now, SKFD_Chf1900 said:

In my conversation with one of the chiefs, yes, the 5 have been ordered. The 1st four not assigned, but 55 might be getting one. 

Steve

tks for the info  Also 20 Demers

Ambulances are being ordered  

On 2/27/2020 at 10:51 PM, SKFD_Chf1900 said:

Steve

If Ladder 4 or 24 will be getting the ex Miami Tower Ladder then either Ladder 4 or 24's current rig will then need to be reassigned to another Ladder company as their current rigs are relatively new compared to the ALF midmounted Tower Ladders which should be up either for retirement or for reserve status.

2019 Pierce Impels will be E24, E42, E44, E55

5 2020 Chevy Silverado 2500HD with camper shells to BC rides. The older ones to DCsl rides 

11 new Dodge/Demers rescues, delivery during Summer.

2 new E-One single axle 100ft rear mounts.

L12 will get the Pierce Ladder from Miami Fire-Rescue with L12's 85ft ALF going to reserve.

BR56 will get a white Chevy 5500 and paint it after Brush season.

8 hours ago, NJtoAZ said:

2019 Pierce Impels will be E24, E42, E44, E55

5 2020 Chevy Silverado 2500HD with camper shells to BC rides. The older ones to DCsl rides 

11 new Dodge/Demers rescues, delivery during Summer.

2 new E-One single axle 100ft rear mounts.

L12 will get the Pierce Ladder from Miami Fire-Rescue with L12's 85ft ALF going to reserve.

BR56 will get a white Chevy 5500 and paint it after Brush season.

tks for update

11 hours ago, GilbertFIRE said:

tks for update

Are they still getting 5 commanders & 5 Impels or are they getting 10 Impels ?