Rescue51

Julian E56 or E57 may be missing

3 posts in this topic

This entire episode is made for a mini NETFLIX series called Firefighters.  Last I heard, the pumper was still missing, but then other updates indicate it was returned.  I believe if it is the HME rig pictured in in article, that has a value more than $300,000, perhaps it was recently relocated from 56's (Julian) to where the old 57's (Cuyamaca Lake) was.  I believe 57's was already taken over by the county.  So the newer short wheelbase HME, 4x4, is pictured in the news article link below, I've posted in a picture of the older 57's which they call "The Beast" up there, and also the newer E56 (HME), photo credit to Julian Fire Plugs.   I was reading quotes by the San Diego Sheriff's Office and it sounded like the deputies were trying to hold off on filing any kind of crime reports, likely protecting some of the old timer volunteers up there, who are not happy at all with the takeover by San Diego Fire Authority and Cal Fire.  I hope the rig is returned to the rightful owner(s) and no firefighters end up with any criminal charges on them. ~Rescue51

https://www.firehouse.com/apparatus/news/21082639/missing-apparatus-adds-new-wrinkle-to-san-diego-county-ca-juliancuyamaca-fire-protection-district-standoff-firefighters

image001_t800.jpg

New-Engine-at-Station-56.jpg

Edited by Rescue51
edit

No way this end up well for either side :(  How sad