joeyk48

la habra heights

5 posts in this topic

I have a friend looking to buy a home in the heights. he has a few questions about the fd. I know they are a volunteer dept, question 1, do they handle their calls alone with their own rigs or do they gey mutual/auto aid from la county and question 2, do they provide their own paramedic service or use la county medics

La Habra Hgts. has their own fire dept. Mostly volunteer, but has on average 3 paid per shift per day (2 FF/PM's and a captain). Plus usually has a few volunteers on duty as well each day. AMR does the transports for them. "The Heights" does auto/mutual aid with L.A. County as well. No strike team assignments though. Funny you should ask about "The Heights" today, as I was just talking to a friend today, that works at "The Heights".

La Habra Heights has an OES Engine they go out on OES Strike team with the Verdugo Cities.

Nope. No OES rig anymore. Given back to the state. Some issue with staffing and PERS.

Nope. No OES rig anymore. Given back to the state. Some issue with staffing and PERS.

Any idea which department got LHH OES engine?