firepost

Who and what is Battalion 706? and the Command Chiefs?

3 posts in this topic

During the last week I have noticed a Battalion 706 that was listed on the apparatus run down of 2 Major Emergency  fires in Los Angeles. The first one which I had noticed was at 9041 W Pico on 7/24/2020 and more recently at 2994 W Pico at the fire on 7/27/2020.

Is that a new company or a new designation or is it a "Special Operations Battalion Chief"? What is it's function and where is it stationed at?

Speaking of Chiefs. I know that a few years ago the Traditional Fire Divisions were replaced  with 4 Area Commands.

Here is my question. I have only been noticing Command 22 from the Central Command and Command 42 from the Valley Command at listed at most Major Emergencies but I rarely if ever notice the Commanders from the West and the South Commands. Is it that only the Central and Valley Commands are due on the Major Emergencies. I appears that Command 22  also responds to Fires in the West and South Commands.

What are the radio signatures for the West and South Commands? I know that the Central Command is 22 and the Valley Command is 42. 

BC706 is a reserve battalion that is currently running in place of Battalion 18. Battalion 18 was involved in an accident a couple months ago.

Edited by Zach Nia

21 hours ago, Zach Nia said:

BC706 is a reserve battalion that is currently running in place of Battalion 18. Battalion 18 was involved in an accident a couple months ago.

Thanks for the reply but are they now calling the Chief Battalion 706 as in most places when an accident occurs they just put a "spare buggy" in service and they just  resume identifying the  Battalion Chief by it's regular number.