Rescue51

Heartland Fire-Rescue (El Cajon) T6

2 posts in this topic

I've noted it seems T6 has not been responding for a few weeks to calls.  Does anyone know if it is maintenance or some other new problem.  I hate to say it, but the Pierce T6 seems like it is almost down more than in-service.  They just got the truck back from the T/C is was involved in.  This issue should support my proposition to stop using trucks on all the medical aids (and out of Fs6's, they run many).  It is good Squad-6 is in that house now and handling many of the calls.  Santee T4 is really running much these days covering El Cajon, Crest, and more.  At one time in the past it seemed East County was fairly truck/quint/teleboom rich, not to mention fairly "rescue" rich too.  Those all have thinned out over the years. 

T6 suffered a transmission failure the day after Thanksgiving. Subsequent investigation determined the whole transmission required a rebuild, the first in the truck’s 15 years of service. This work was fairly extensive but has been completed. T6 should be returning to service next week. 

Rescue51 likes this