firepost

LA County RIT response and other response questions?

1 post in this topic

I was wondering who handles the  RIT (rapid intervention team) duties at working structure fires in the jurisdiction of the Los Angeles County FIre Department?

For example if you have a working fire is an extra company dispatched for RIT duties or does the LA County Fire department just assign one of the companies that have already been dispatched on the initial alarm as the Rapid Intervention team.

I know that LA County had been sending 4 Engines , 1 Truck, 1 Paramedic Squad and 1 Emergency Support Team  and 1 Battalion Chief to house fires and 5 Engines,2 Truck and 2 Battalion Chiefs to Multiple residency ,commercial ,institutional , HIgh RIse and bridge fires in addition to the Paramedic Squad and Emergency Support Team. Is that still the case or have things been revised over the last few years?

I know that as of a few years ago there were only 4 Emergency Support companies and they only had 2 men assigned to them so I was wondering if they are still in service or if they are still even being used as 4 Emergency Support companies isn't very much for a  jurisdiction the size of Los Angeles County?

Thanks