Stinger

Clark county rescues

5 posts in this topic

I like the concept of the rescue or squads they have that are also ambulances. Can someone explain there concept a little more and also what equipment is carried thx

The Rescues have extrication equipment in addition to the ALS ambulance equipment. In town, it is staffed with an engineer and a FF, one of which is a medic. The engineer can be the supervisor on scene, thus an Engine with a Capt is not assigned to every medical call. If the private ALS ambulance has an extended ETA or have notified FAO they are unable to respond, the Rescue can choose to initiate transport to not delay care. Or in the case of rural areas such as Mt Charleston(not ALS), the Rescue can initiate transport with a planned meeting point with the private ALS ambulance. Rescues could also transport during a MCI or if the patient is CCFD or CCFD family. 

Rescue 13 is at the airport and is not an ambulance. It looks like a LACoFD squad. 

Squad 32 also looks like a LACoFD squad. To my knowledge it is the only ALS and career staffed Squad. The rest of the Squads are staffed by volunteers at rural stations. 

My only slight addition to this is that Rescue 13 is now also called Squad 13.