GilbertFIRE

Goodyear new Smeals

13 posts in this topic

Did Goodyear's 3 new Spartan/Smeal rear mount pump panel get delivered yet ? they were suppose to be delivered in the Spring and any word of what their ordering for  new L181, 

Were they unhappy with the KME's? They are only a few years old. The ladder and LT need to be replaced. 

1 hour ago, NJtoAZ Photography said:

The KMEs were nothing but problems since KME took in FDNY.  Smeal was low bid.

1 hour ago, NJtoAZ Photography said:

The KMEs were nothing but problems since KME took in FDNY.  Smeal was low bid.

When they ordered the Smeals, the City Council asked the Fire Chief why were already replacing 4 year old fire trucks ?  and before you were hired as Fire Chief, Pierce was the sole provider for fire apparatus. The Chief told them Pierce didn't bid,  When they ordered the KME's The Town Manager & Fire Chief  told the Council that the KME's  were high quality at bargain price.   Also Chandler recently purchased 3 Smeal pumpers. Now they have ordered Rosenbauer's ( 2 pumpers & 2 Platforms, & a utility ) and they had a Spartan ERV pumper on order for E2811. I assume they cancelled it   Spartan/ERV & Smeal are the same co  

Edited by GilbertFIRE

I thought I saw a Trade mag state Goodyear just got multiple E-ones delivered...

On 8/2/2018 at 8:51 AM, e5911 said:

I thought I saw a Trade mag state Goodyear just got multiple E-ones delivered...

Glendale just did... similar color:)

Pretty sure Goodyear is going back to Pierce.  for new Ladder 181 & couple of pumpers

Edited by GilbertFIRE