GilbertFIRE

Mesa ordered a new Pierce utility

37 posts in this topic

21 hours ago, GilbertFIRE said:

Mesa ordered a new Pierce Utility/air/light

To replace SS208 or RH202? Any idea what they’re building? 

4 hours ago, RFRD said:

To replace SS208 or RH202? Any idea what they’re building? 

Freightliner HDR JC 413  

Edited by GilbertFIRE

FY18/19 budgeted for 4 engines and 1 ladder.

Also looking into a possible TDA purchase/committee. 

1 hour ago, GilbertFIRE said:

Fire Station 221 is finally out to bid and should breaking ground soon

It’s not out to bid yet. They in a preliminary design phase - determining if they want to keep the current design, modify, or develop a new one. 221 is dependent on the sale tax ballot in November. 

9 hours ago, legos.8ty7 said:

FY18/19 budgeted for 4 engines and 1 ladder.

Also looking into a possible TDA purchase/committee. 

Finally a TDA for an Arizona  Department 

25 minutes ago, RicardoBerg said:

Finally a TDA for an Arizona  Department 

Buckeye in the West Valley has 2 TDAs.  One American LaFrance and one Pierce Quantum.

I’m not holding my breath on it but they have specs at a station of a Quantum Ascendant 107’. 

Also Medic 2201 and 2202 are in service. 

My guess is 9 will lose the ladder and it’ll end up at 17 or 19. 21’s first due has really tight streets. A ladder with no all-steer is trouble. 

“If I were the Chief” I’d move 19’s rig (which has extraction) to 17 which gives them the 60. Move L9 to 19. 221 will take almost 50% of 19’s calls so that’ll save the wear and tear on the ladder. See I fixed everything *Gold Star*

RFRD likes this

Heavy ladder presence in east mesa. If the stars aline, a full 3-1 response could be 3 ladders and an engine. (Though I'm not sure if Mesa's CAD requires Engine Types vs Engine Capabilities). 

Looks like they're getting rid of both RH202 & SS208 for this new Air/Light/Rehab vehicle. As well as an '2002 Ladder & the old CV201 to help offset the cost of this $500,000 vehicle. 

Funny things happening in Mesa:

201 will be the only dual company engine/ladder. 203 & 205 dual engines. 220 dual engines (HazMat)

Breakdown-

HazMat-E204 & E206>FS220

TRT-L204, L206>FS214 or FS219

L214, L220>FS204 or FS206

E209, E219, E220>FS203, FS205, or possible ARU

TRVs redesignated as MRV, 7d/wk 12hrs. Third unit should be in service sometime next year. 

Timeline:March 2019

Any word what Mesa's ordering  ? I heard 14 new rigs,  Station 222 is going in around Power Road & Brown Rd  suppose be a Battalion HQ

I guess Station 221 will be getting a Engine since 219's getting,   Any word what QC is getting for E415 ?  E414 will be a Pierce Velocity PUC &  L411 will be a Rosenbauer Commander 88ft Mid Mount Platform      

On 11/14/2018 at 10:09 PM, legos.8ty7 said:

Funny things happening in Mesa:

201 will be the only dual company engine/ladder. 203 & 205 dual engines. 220 dual engines (HazMat)

Breakdown-

HazMat-E204 & E206>FS220

TRT-L204, L206>FS214 or FS219

L214, L220>FS204 or FS206

E209, E219, E220>FS203, FS205, or possible ARU

TRVs redesignated as MRV, 7d/wk 12hrs. Third unit should be in service sometime next year. 

Timeline:March 2019

Where will the SQs and HM go? 

Sorry for my delayed response. 

The city hasn’t signed off on the plan, which is hilarious in itself. More news on the moves should be coming Wednesday morning. There’s definitely not 14 trucks coming though. 221 has a new location near Ellsworth & Ray, 222 somewhere around Power & McLellan.

The squads should be staying with the ladders. HM206 should go to 220. 

The City Manager in the Meeting with the FD said if the voters vote yes on the public safety sales tax, 14 new rigs would be ordered asap, go figure,  

Edited by GilbertFIRE

I don’t think anyone believe Chris Brady. Apparatus wise, I know they want to get a new ladder and hopefully get a couple engines. I wouldn’t be surprise if they order new ambos, MRV/TRV F550 trucks and staff cars. So maybe that’s where the “14” comes from. 

Also, supposedly Mesa is moving forward with going red for apparatus (haven’t decided on which shade of red) but keeping all other vehicles white... which is ridiculous.

45 minutes ago, legos.8ty7 said:

I don’t think anyone believe Chris Brady. Apparatus wise, I know they want to get a new ladder and hopefully get a couple engines. I wouldn’t be surprise if they order new ambos, MRV/TRV F550 trucks and staff cars. So maybe that’s where the “14” comes from. 

Also, supposedly Mesa is moving forward with going red for apparatus (haven’t decided on which shade of red) but keeping all other vehicles white... which is ridiculous.

Did TRV203 ever get a dedicated vehicle? Last I saw they were in an engine. 

On 12/7/2018 at 2:58 PM, legos.8ty7 said:

Sorry for my delayed response. 

The city hasn’t signed off on the plan, which is hilarious in itself. More news on the moves should be coming Wednesday morning. There’s definitely not 14 trucks coming though. 221 has a new location near Ellsworth & Ray, 222 somewhere around Power & McLellan.

The squads should be staying with the ladders. HM206 should go to 220. 

So, any word on this? I haven't been at work nor listened to mesa's radio in while.