mikeb

Sq 116, 51

12 posts in this topic

I see, about time due to space, sq 116 is now running in sq 51 new gmc.

Since 51 is a bit more room, did sq 51 get a crew cab? Or is sq 116 the 4th standand cab sq?

The county won’t build 116s a new station but offered to replace Hermosa Beach old station which is now station 100 smh

It;s a joint station build. Hermosa Beach and LaCo are building the station together. It was part of the take over.

On 2/17/2018 at 9:44 AM, EMT_FS46 said:

The county won’t build 116s a new station but offered to replace Hermosa Beach old station which is now station 100 smh

It's way more complex than that. Two separate issues. Although 116's is cramped and a new station would be nice, the procuring of land, at a suitable and central location, plus funding it, is a tall order. It is a minor inconvenience to utilize a standard cab squad in order to make things work. This is especially true since an additional station will likely be built in west Carson somewhere between 116's and 36's area. This might occur in the next five to ten years and could trigger some movement of equipment.

Hermosa Beach had to build a new station regardless if they contracted with the County or not. They are paying for it, not the County. It has nothing to do with 116's. It wasn't a case of Hermosa needs a new station so were not going to build a new 116's.  

No that’s not what I was saying. What I’m saying is that several years back they tried to build a new station 116 somewhere very close to the current station but one resident refuse to sell the property or something like that. As far as Hermosa Beach goes, the firefighters wanted to go county. The people were mislead into thing they were winning the lotto. Hermosa Beach: we can’t afford to build a new station, the county can build a new station at a cheaper cost, the county has better equipment and so on.

On 2/17/2018 at 9:44 AM, EMT_FS46 said:

Read your original post. You're basically ripping the County because they "won't" build 116's a new station but they "offered" to build Hermosa Beach a new fire station and you  added in an "SMH" as if to emphasize how ridiculous that is. I'm pointing out that you, as many people do, over simplify these situations. I'm passing on the fact that one has nothing to do with the other. The rumor about a property owner refusing to sell property to the County, yep, I heard that one too. Whether it is true or not, whether it would have resulted in a new station, an addition to the existing station or just a bigger parking lot, who knows? But it still doesn't have anything to do with the Hermosa annexation and/or FS100 renovation/rebuild.

Speaking of Hermosa, yes the firefighter's union supported the merger with the County. But the citizens were "sold a bill of goods"? I'm not going to explain the whole history of how the annexation came about but in simple terms, you know not what you speak of. 

EMT_FS46 likes this

20 hours ago, mikeb said:

Wow...all i asked was basiclly did 51 and 116 swap units....this topic has jumped the shark

Sorry, didn't mean to go off but if a guy is going to bad-mouth my agency, he needs to speak facts when he does. We're not perfect, but don't start speculating, speaking half-truths or making stuff up.

I was told that part of the deal was county would pay for half for a new station. Is this not true?

First off bro I was never bad mouthing the county. You know like I know that certain things that happen are beyond our pay grade. I don’t know if you followed or went to any of the meetings that the city of Hermosa Beach held prior to the final decision to transfer to L.A. County. Based upon those meetings I feel politics is what lead up to the transfer.  At the end of the day, the City of Hermosa Beach not the County sold the residents a dream.

How long do you think it will take USAR Task Force 103 to get to Hermosa from QTRS on a Tuesday at 4pm.

But hey it’s what we get paid to do right.