Rescue51

Loss of San Diego firefighter

11 posts in this topic

Sadly, seeing a San Diego firefighter lost his life on the "Thomas Fire".  Cal Fire issued the statement so I assume it may have been one of their FF's.  No further details.  RIP!  ☹

Cal Fire has said the FF-engineer was 32-year-old Cory Iverson of San Diego.  Sadly, he left behind a wife and young daughter, and his wife is pregnant due in the spring.  So far Cal Fire is not releasing the cause of the death, and said an accident investigation team has been dispatched and is reviewing the event/death.  So tragic, as always, and it is even more so near Christmas. 

Cory Iverson was based out of Cal Fire station 30's, in Dulzura.  Cal Fire is saying he was not in the rig when the "accident" occurred. 

A touching and great sign of respect for FF-engineer Cory Iverson, in that ABC video.  As a side note, it is interesting in the procession, the lead fire truck behind the hearse, appeared to be Mack (circa 1995 +/- ??).  I did not know Cal Fire was still running those. 

Edited by Rescue51
correction

On 12/16/2017 at 11:05 AM, Rescue51 said:

As a side note, it is interesting in the procession, the lead fire truck behind the hearse, appeared to be Mack (circa 1995 +/- ??).  I did not know Cal Fire was still running those. 

It is probably a hand me down from CAL FIRE as it is Fresno County Fire Brush 77.

On 12/16/2017 at 11:05 AM, Rescue51 said:

A touching and great sign of respect for FF-engineer Cory Iverson, in that ABC video.  As a side note, it is interesting in the procession, the lead fire truck behind the hearse, appeared to be Mack (circa 1995 +/- ??).  I did not know Cal Fire was still running those. 

That engine is a one of a kind 1996 Ford Cargo Model-11. Similar look to the Mack Model 9. The big giveaway is no crew cab. The entire 3 person crew sits in the front seat "Three Amigos" style. Was assigned to Tehama Glenn Unit. Sold in 2014.

Rescue51 likes this