Rescue51

San Miguel Fire-Rescue responses

4 posts in this topic

Interesting, the new Smeal (E19) still says 7219.  The warning lighting is good, though not sure I care for the new lights (red) on front, next to traditional LED code lights that look like they are rotating (like the old beacons).  Looks like a set is on the back of rig too, that are the high point red warning/code lights.  They just don't look like they put as much light out, but perhaps you get good lateral lighting.  I am curious if the flash pattern is all sequenced LED lights.  Hopefully no moving parts. Sure wish 19's had got that new station over on Pepper Drive, that was going to be a converted house (but putting it too close to LKS new 1's).   Really interesting at San Miguel station 16's, they are rolling with the old 19's Central States pumper from the 1990's.  That is very interesting and it has updated lighting (LED) on it, I noticed which sort of tells me they are gonna run that for a while (I assume as a reserve rig).  That engine has provided good service for some time now.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d0RSILx2aSw

Edited by Rescue51
addendum/edit

That video was recorded in April of 2017.  It says so in the description.  The new rigs are Spartans, Spartan Motors bought Smeal awhile ago.  

SMG just recently leased a piece of property at 723 E. Bradley where they plan to house E19 at a temporary station, i'm not sure when they will move to the new location but I would imagine some time soon, SMG has also come to an agreement with OES to take OES292 into their fleet.

Rescue51 likes this

@lkseng3--  Thanks for your post, if you look at the published date on the video, it says 11/15/17.  The guy that runs that channel must have got that video up very late in the game.  When San Miguel made the bulk order for the pumpers (E18/E19/E??) I believe it was still Smeal, I do not think Spartan had bought Smeal yet.  I was not for sure if Spartan was going to run everything under the Spartan brand or another line too under Smeal. 

@619Emergencys-- Thanks for that update on a new location on 19's, that is good news.  I thought moving them a big farther west would make sense.  LKS Fire's 1's is now much closer to 19's, and 19's run volume geography is likely west of where they are now.  They will be happy to get out of the back end of a grocery store (Vons).