E0001

New LAFD Pierce Triple

102 posts in this topic

I know for my entire career (31 years) the mechanics have always taken a beating trying to keep the equipment on the streets. Rsqfxr, i can assume you may be a mechanic and I want to thank you for your hard word and dedication. It is the gold badges as well as the bean counters who try to do more with less.

Rsqfxr likes this

yeah i cant get it to play either 

Edited by Rsqfxr

14 hours ago, fireag said:

Any other engines being built currently?

Yes only one has been completed in this order 

On 11/19/2017 at 8:38 AM, Rsqfxr said:

Yes only one has been completed in this order 

@RsqfxrWaiting to see if any additional changes need to be made before production of the remaining order?  How many in total were ordered?  

Edited by Seagrave7

On 11/20/2017 at 2:14 PM, Seagrave7 said:

@RsqfxrWaiting to see if any additional changes need to be made before production of the remaining order?  How many in total were ordered?  

I believe there were 25 ordered

On 11/2/2017 at 0:37 PM, Polecat said:

I know for my entire career (31 years) the mechanics have always taken a beating trying to keep the equipment on the streets. Rsqfxr, i can assume you may be a mechanic and I want to thank you for your hard word and dedication. It is the gold badges as well as the bean counters who try to do more with less.

thanks I/we  appreciate that

Looks likeminded they may have done away with the remote controlled wagon battery?

87’s new pierce was picked up today, they will spend some time getting familiar with it, then it will go into service, hopefully within the next week or two

On Tuesday, January 30, 2018 at 6:07 AM, buckeyefyrfoto said:

Maneuverability is tops. With new housing developments being built with smaller streets, it's extremely difficult to get a huge rear mount tower in there. Especially with cars parked on the street. Not to mention driving through heavy city traffic. Tillers here in AZ. haven't caught on with the exception of Buckeye,  and they definitely need it for the community of Verrado, which has very narrow streets. Most depts. probably prefer a tower for safety reasons,  but a tiller will get you into tight spots.

On Wednesday, January 31, 2018 at 10:31 AM, EMT_FS46 said:

Will city ever go back to seagrave ? Hopefully and Burbank and Pasadena as well as the FDNY have ordered Seagraves recently and great to see New York using them again. 

Pierce appears to have completed the 13th Triple for LAFD.  They posted pictures of number 13 and 9.  sn 60836 and 60832 respectively.  

Pierce City of Los Angeles, CA 30644-13

Pierce City of Los Angelas, CA 30644-9

1 hour ago, EMT_FS46 said:

Looks like the went with a new lightbar on this one 

Nope, same light bar (Whelen Freedom Ultra Super LED FL2RRR 72 lightbar.)  Nothing has changed on the remaining 24 from the initial one.  I think its just the angle of the photo of these two that makes it look slightly different.  

Edited by Seagrave7