E0001

New LAFD Pierce Triple

102 posts in this topic

The land underneath the engines and the numbers on the door are all different but the backgrounds are exactly the same (flags in the exact same position and whatnot).  I wonder what the background really looks like? :)

23 hours ago, Fumarin said:

The land underneath the engines and the numbers on the door are all different but the backgrounds are exactly the same (flags in the exact same position and whatnot).  I wonder what the background really looks like? :)

If I recall, I remember reading a few years ago, the pics are shot next to one of the buildings and in the background they had parts on pallets and such.  Photoshop can be your best friend. :)

mr.ranger likes this

Any word on how 87’s is doing? Where will these additional rigs be assigned to?

On 3/15/2018 at 4:03 PM, Fumarin said:

Put these coordinates into Google Maps and it shows exactly where pic is taken --- There is actually an engine sitting in the spot for a photo.

44°14'33.6"N 88°28'11.8"W

1 hour ago, tye42 said:

Put these coordinates into Google Maps and it shows exactly where pic is taken --- There is actually an engine sitting in the spot for a photo.

44°14'33.6"N 88°28'11.8"W

That's great!  Thanks for the info :)

Does anyone happen to know where the remaining rigs are going to be assigned, are any Harbor area stations going to be assigned one of the new rigs

I Saw new E73 Pierce parked in the back at there station... are they gonna be a task force again?

I Believe both E73 and E75 are being reopened to become full taskforces again.

E-33 will be getting their Pierce this week. The KME will become E-233.

Is LAFD trying to ditch the KME’s ? Engine 33 is only a 2nd or 3rd gen. It’s either barely or not even at its mid life. Same with engine 87.

Edited by EMT_FS46

Well you got to remember 33 is really busy house so millage is probably up their already. 

On 7/7/2018 at 11:18 PM, EMT_FS46 said:

Is LAFD trying to ditch the KME’s ? Engine 33 is only a 2nd or 3rd gen. It’s either barely or not even at its mid life. Same with engine 87.

From what I heard from an engineer, the department didn’t like the KMEs.

Is there still a 1 inch real? and where are the high rise packs kept and what size? thx

What is the hose compliment on the engine thx ?

I did find some info on hoses carried but how come lafd does not use preconnects 

Hose Complement on Engine Companies (in general) is 600' 4" Supply, 750' 2 1/2", 300' 1 3/4" 300' 1 1/2" 500' 1". The 1 3/4", 1 1/2" & 1" are crossbed loads. There are companies that carry more hose depending on their individual district needs and challenges.

Pre-connects are not used because of several factors. Mostly your limited to a certain amount of hose per pre-connect. Engineers can monitor the hose leaving their apparatus and attach more hose quickly. In Los Angeles, some property lots are deep and it is quicker to just grab the nozzle, pay out hose as you go and pull sufficient hose to your objective. In LAFD training, they teach, when you get to your objective, you want to have enough hose to reach around the entire structure. I hope this helps.